Please don't kill me-author

Natasha:
(flashback) "Everything is gonna be fine Nat, okay, the doctor and I are going to take care of you I promise," Clint whispered to me as he sped down the road to the hospital. He walked me in straight to the ER to meet our doctor. I had begun to bleed from my uterus in the car and it's really scared me. The pain had toned down and I was close to normal, but I needed to know what was wrong with my babies. I got put in a room so the doctor could examine me, he sometimes asked questions. All he got was a moan in response. Then he left to go do something and left me with Clint.

Clint:
(end flashback) "You doing alright, Nat?" I ask her. "Not really," she responds. "What did the doctor say?" she inquires. I pause, "I-I'm not sure honey." "Oh, I guess we'll just wait till he tells us," she says. That's when Doctor Smith walks in, with a not-so-promising face. "What's up doc?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood. He doesn't find it funny, only tells us, "You're babies, they, they um, you had a miscarriage, Ms. Lance." (fake identity last name, in case you're confused) This takes a minute to process, but then Natasha starts silently crying. For some reason I can't register this impossible news, so I just comfort Natasha. We were so careful, how could this happen...