Chapter 20: Rizzoli and Isles abroad! Taking this ish international yall

"Where is Sarah, I mean Maura? Force of habit" Jane asks Emily as she steps out of the bathroom. It's the next day and she had a shower in the fully furnished bunker. It's starting to grow on Jane in an apocalyptic kind of way. It's not like they have a choice.

Someone is blowing up houses (let's not forget the kidnapping as well) and their protective detail, Perez and the whole FBI task force have gone awol for the past 48 hours. No matter how backward and twisted it is... The Reids are their best chance at survival at this point.

"Probably went to get some air, Christian would have gone with her" Jane gets furious. "Well, that makes me feel so much more at ease. 'With Christian' great" Jane blurts out sarcastically and throws her hands in the air. She told Maura to stay close!

Emily flinches and looks genuinely hurt. Then she puts on a straight face, Jane saw. "I... I'm" Jane sighs. "I'm sorry... Hi. I'm Jane" she says holding out her hand and bowing slightly, Emily looks at her confused but takes her hand. "I use sarcasm to deal with my anger sometimes... all the time. Nice to officially meet you" Emily's smile returns as she shakes her hand "... not that you..."

"Didn't already know who we were... how did you know by the way? I mean we haven't exactly been sheep-dipped for the operation but damn near close" Jane continues. Emily shakes her head slowly with a smile. "Christian is really the genius of the operation, you could ask him but I'd doubt he'd tell you" She says and her expression returns somber.

"Yeah, I figured... you ok? I obviously don't know you as well as I thought I did but still... you seem... off" Jane says in a comforting tone. Emily immediately straightens up her posture and smiles widely. "Just tired..." She continues "Take the elevator over there to the surface. The code is 17800. We've got nothing to hide nor do we intend on keeping you hostage. You'll find your doctor up there" Before Jane could respond, Emily retreats to one of the bedrooms and slides the door closed.

Jane makes her way to the elevator and punches in the code "Fucking rich people" she mumbles as she does so and looks around amazed as it starts to ascend.

She covers her eyes instinctively as the natural light hits her face. She looks up and down the alley to find the lot with the storage units but she must be off with a few yards. It looks only vaguely familiar.

"There you are. What did I say?" Jane asks frustratedly as she sees Maura eating a froyo with Reid on a bench. "What did you say when? You say quite a lot of things..." Maura says with a confused expression. "You once said 'If the men find out we could shapeshift, they're going to tell the church' while I was doing my makeup" Maura says matter-of-factly, gazing off as she recalls the incident.

"Oh sure that you remember..." Jane says frustratedly as she comes to stand with her arms crossed in front of Maura "What did I say recently!? For you to do?" Jane prompts. "Well recently you told me if I say gullible slowly enough it sounds like oranges and that I should sound it out if I don't believe you" Reid looks at Maura with utter shock. "You did it didn't you?" he asks with a chuckle.

"Yes, but that's besi-" "- Oh for the love of!-" Jane stops herself. "Stay close. I told you to stay by my side and look where we are." Jane gestures to them. "You do know there are people trying to..Kill..Us" Jane says ever so dramatically.

"Oh don't be so fussy, Jane. I was just getting a little air, the bunker was getting stuffy... and besides, I was with Christain" She says looking at him as they share a smile. Jane grabs Maura by the arm and pulls her away from Reid. "That's it-" Reid jumps up from the bench and holds his hands up surrenderingly.

"-You don't trust me- I get that" he starts. Jane halts her movements. Maura tries to squirm out of Janes grip. She always grabs her so possessively. Maura puts up a fight ...but she loves it, secretly. Most times of course.