Chapter 23: 19 Hours earlier

Maura made her way down the corridor, clutching the stolen key in her hand. She tries to hide her smirk. She's never stolen anything before. It feels exhilarating. Maura briefly wonders if this feeling is what ultimately leads one to a life of crime.

It all starts to sink in for her once the group comes in to view. Reid, Emily, and Jane all waiting for her in front of large wooden doors. They all have the same tamed, excited look on their faces.

Muara hands it to Reid and he congratulates her on a job well done once more before turning his attention to the security pad to the side of the doors. The bartender who acquired Darren's prints from his glass is only one of many pawns Reid has on the inside.

He carefully slips his hand into a glove that has the print on the other side then checks his watch to ensure the guards would not come by for the next twenty seconds.

The screen lights up with green just as Reid swiped the key with his other hand in place. "It's go time" he says with a small smile.

They make their way through another corridor, the house is absolutely humongous and the safe is well hidden for obvious reasons. Reid expertly leads them through the house like he had the blueprints on file within his memory. Well, who's to say he didn't?

Maura could see the shimmering metal as they rounded the corner. It's just sitting there in all its glory. Like it had been waiting for them patiently all this time. Maura feels Jane's hand intertwining with her own. This should be all over soon, then they can get back to their lives in Boston.

Actually, Maura would be happy wherever they are as long as she gets to be with Jane. But Jane loves her family and so does Maura. They must get back to them, she thinks to herself in finality, giving Jane's hand a squeeze.

Maura watches the vault door open, Reid removes the glove and watches the solid steel door rotate open. Jane clasps her hand between both of her own as they move inside.

"Gah, they're even bigger in person," Jane says reaching for a diamond, sitting on a pile of others on a glass platform. Reid wastes no time and encourages Emily to help him move the stones into a bag.

"Oh no," Reid says looking at his device in a panic. "What oh no? Oh no like we're gonna die oh no?!" Jane asks loudly. "We need to move! They must have installed last-minute countermeasures" Reid says hurriedly as he threw the last diamond in the bag.

"We need to get out of here now!" he yells throwing the cubic zirconium to the ground. No use in them now, security knows they're there.

They make it out of the vault just in time as it sealed shut. Alarms go off throughout the whole house. Jane hops on one foot before taking off her heels so she could run. "Hurry this way! There's a hidden passage that leads to the front of the house!" Reid says holding open a door.

All of Reid's interference with the cameras, which was basically a sophisticated loop of pre recorder footage, was removed when the system rebooted. They are no longer seamless, stealthy thieves. They are criminals running for their lives. These are not catch and prosecute guards, more like shoot on site ones. They emerge through a door in the hall and the guests all stare in disarray.

Maura notices security closing in on them out of the corner of her eye as they run like hell. Jane is suddenly very glad that Maura got her into running because it sure is coming in handy now. She watches Reid knock an armed guard to the ground and snatch his gun. Once they're outside where there are no guests, they will no doubt open fire on them, she thinks in a panic.