It was only the next morning when Hongjoong broke the devastating news.

He cleared his throat and all three boys looked up at him from where they were sitting in a circle on San's floor with takeaway from a nearby diner.

"So," he began, stabbing at a piece of fruit with a fork.

"Remember the cute boy I ran into like a week ago?"

"The one you physically ran into?" Wooyoung asked, at the same time as Jongho rolled his eyes.

"You mean the one with bright pink hair and plump lips who looked like a cute angel that just got fucked, yes, we've been over this," he said, and all the boys glanced at him.

"What? You've talked about him, like, a hundred times – which is kinda weird for a dude you only met once, but whatever."

"That's true," snickered San, but Hongjoong interrupted.

"Twice," he said.

Sensing a good story, Wooyoung leaned forward with a smile.

"Twice?" he prompted, and the others turned to look at Hongjoong.

At least Hongjoong couldn't fault Wooyoung's instincts, he thought, and speared another piece of fruit.

He didn't look at his friends, and instead stared at the floor.

"Well... remember how I was complaining about my neighbor fucking someone really loudly, every single night?"

To their credit, his friends caught on quickly.

"No fucking way!" San yelled, as the other two howled with laughter.

"Oh my God, this is too good," Jongho spluttered, wiping away a tear as he giggled.

"I can't believe this."

"Me neither," said Hongjoong, and Wooyoung reached over to pat his shoulder comfortingly.

"At least you know he's gay," he offered.

San snickered, "And a bottom."

"Wait." Jongho stabbed the air with his fork, turning to San accusingly.

"That hasn't been confirmed yet!"

"Are you kidding?" San shot back.

"Have you met Jackson? Have you seen him?"

"Treading on thin ice there, babe," Wooyoung interrupted, and it was Hongjoong's turn to laugh.

But San laughed too, knocking his boyfriend playfully with a shoulder.

"Come on, Wooyoung. You know what I mean."

"Okay, fair," Wooyoung relented.

"Jackson is a pretty fine specimen."