스물 둘

[ 4.5k+ word update 😳 ]

Seonghwa's lips were still tingling with the electric, ghostly remnants of Hongjoong's kisses as he unlocked his door and stepped into the dorm.

He leaned against the door to close it, feeling the lock click gently under his hand as his fingers fluttered to his mouth.

A small smile curled at its corners.

If he pressed down gently enough, it felt like Hongjoong's lips were still on his.

A curious voice drew Seonghwa out of his infatuated thoughts.

"Seonghwa?" called Mingi.

"Is that you?"

Shrugging out of his jacket, Seonghwa threw it on the couch as he made his way to Mingi's room.

"It's me," he confirmed.

"Is Yunho awake?"

"I think he wishes he wasn't." Mingi glanced up at Seonghwa as he entered the room, without pausing his gentle massage of Yunho's ankles.

Yunho was sprawled sideways on Mingi's bed, his hair a ruffled mess and feet perched in his boyfriend's lap.

He looked pale and worn out, one arm thrown over his eyes to block out the light.

A thread of pity wound through his chest.

Seonghwa tried not to jostle Yunho too much as he climbed into his best friend's bed, gently maneuvering the younger boy by the shoulders until his head was in Seonghwa's lap.

Yunho made a briefly disgruntled noise of complaint at the movement, but quieted once Seonghwa threaded soothing fingers through his hair.

"How are you feeling Yunho?"

"Like I'm going to break up with Mingi." Half-heartedly, Yunho pulled his foot back to shove at his boyfriend's stomach.

"Asshole."

"Not if I break up with you first," Mingi shot back.

He stuck his tongue out at Yunho and muttered, "Baby."

For a second, it seemed like Yunho was going to lurch out of Seonghwa's lap to punch Mingi in the arm.

But such a sudden movement proved too much for him and Yunho huffed instead, turning over to press his face petulantly into Seonghwa's thigh.

"I hate him," he complained.

Seonghwa petted his hair sympathetically, and threw Mingi a disapproving look.

"I can't believe you let him keep drinking after I left," he said.

"Besides... didn't the fight, like, ruin the party?"

"He's not a baby," protested Mingi, despite his insult of choice just a few seconds ago.

"And hello, how can you even ask? We had to toast your victory, obviously."