She's at a party, I don't fucking know

Jace and Izzy walked through the apartment to Clary's room. "Where is she? Where is Clary?" Jaced asked hurriedly. "She's at a party, I don't fucking know, what'd you think?" Skylar replied sarcastically. Jace glared at her and Skylar glared right back. "What do you mean 'gone'?" Izzy's voice cut through the staring challenge.

"She and Simon got arrested when I was securing the fire escape. I got distracted." Alec replied dutifully. "And where was Skylar in this mess?" Jace asked. "I was in my own room, dipshit." Skylar snarked. "Wait, the mundane was here?" No really? Skylar rolled her eyes. "Simon? He's gone, too?" Izzy interrupted Skylar's thoughts. "It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her."  Alec replied dully as if resigning himself to Jace's yelling. "What did you do, Alec?" Jace whispered horrified. 

Soon they found themselves in the alley again with Clary's drawing and Jace trying to track her through it. "Damn it. She's not showing up." Jace turned to face Alec properly. "We need to parabatai track her." But as they tried to track Clary, Jace seemed to get more angsty, snapping at Alec to concentrate. "I'm doing it. She's not showing up." Alec finally hissed back irritated and tired. Izzy finally walked back to the trio, pocketing her phone. "Just like I thought. She wasn't arrested." She smirked.

Jace turned to face Alec. "It was your job to look after her." He hissed. Skylar slipped out her dagger as she watched Jace and Alec. She quickly stepped in after Jace had yelled that Alec was useless. She punched him square in the face, dagger now in sight threateningly, as Alec yelled. "Hey! Are you so blinded by your feelings for Clary, you've lost sight of us? Clary snuck out. I went after her... to protect her. I did nothing you haven't done a thousand times before."

They were broken apart by a phone ringing, it was Clary's phone. "Clary left her phone in her backpack." Izzy realised. Skylar facepalmed, Of course she did, because only Clary would  be that stupid to not think about having your phone on you. Honestly what kind of a teenager is she? I mean who doesn't have their phone on them at all times? Jace quickly picked up. "Hello?" 

"Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words, but thank God it's you. It's me, Simon." Skylar raised an eyebrow as she heard Simon's voice come through the speaker. "Where are you? Where's Clary?" Jace quickly rushed out. Izzy placed a hand on Jace's shoulder to remind him to slow down. Simon couldn't answer if Jace didn't let him. The two went back and forth before Jace suddenly ended the call and said. "I know where she is." Jace announced, quite dramatically in Skylar's opinion.

They rushed over to the restaurant, only to find Clary being carried by Luke. Skylar stifled a laugh as she watched Clary be carried like an insolent 5 year old child in need of a punishment. She quickly wiped the smirk off her face when she saw Jace shoot her a venomous look. 

---

Jace yelled out Alec's name as Alec caught Clary before almost immediately dropping her on the ground. Clary landed with a loud thud. Skylar stifled a laugh before bolting off to the abandoned looking restaurant, everyone else hot on her tail. 

A/N: Hey guys! So it's been a year and a half and honestly I didn't think this book would get so popular, thanks for the continued support. Originally I was going to abandon this book cause I just didn't have any motivation, but I think I'm gonna try continue this book, still please don't expect to much. Thanks to those who pointed out any mistakes I will go back and fix them at some point.