Relived Trauma

So, tell me what happened, Miss Knight.' The therapist requested.

'It was just an ordinary case. I went with Agents Mcgee and Torres to the site to get the suspects, and when we were about to enter the house, it blew up. We were knocked down and came to minutes later. All of the suspects were dead, but 1 was still barely alive beneath the rubble.' Jess said.

'Sounded familiar, right?'

'Like 'What happened to my REACT team' familiar? Yeah, that's exactly it.'

'How did you take it?' The therapist asked.

'Went back to the office, and continued on the case. But, something about it all seemed wrong.' Jess replied.

'Like, you were remembering the worst day of your life?'

'Yes. In that way.'

'Miss Knight, it's normal to have flashbacks like that. That ordeal wasn't that long ago, must still be fresh in your mind.'

'It is.'

'How have you handled it?' The therapist asked.

'Trying not to think about it so much. The dreams tend to get to me sometimes though.' Jess replied.

'How has your husband helped you during this difficult time?'

'He's not around a lot. We talk sometimes over dinner, nothing much.'

The therapist was jotting down notes.

'Can we end this meeting early? I have somewhere I need to be.' Jess requested.

'Sure. But Miss Knight, This kind of thing isn't the kind of thing you can just try and forget. What happened to you was serious, and can have serious negative impact on your mental health. Please, try to do things that have a positive affect on you, and try to take this seriously.' The therapist replied.

'I will, thanks.'