Fear

Mcgee saw Torres looking sad while sitting at a picnic table. He went over to him and sat down.

'Hey Nick, why the long face?' He asked.

'Het tim. Just thinking about Ellie.' Nick replied.

'Did you hear from her recently?'

'Yeah. She's doing okay, if that's what you're wondering. She also says she misses you.'

'Well that's nice.'

'Yeah, yeah I guess so.' Nick replied, gloomy.

'You missing her?'

'Yes, and also wondering why I even loved her in the first place.'

Mcgee looked really surprised. 'Whoa wait, you loved her?!'

'Yeah. Apparently she loved me as well.'

'Well. That's, really something.'

'If you mean 'we took too long to discover our feelings and now she's on some spy mission that she can't talk about.' Yeah. That's really something.' Nick replied, cynical.

'No, I meant it's really something that you remind me of 2 former agents that I know of.'

'Who? Tony and Ziva? Oh jeez, now that I think of it, Ellie's probably pregnant and I don't know of it.'

'Probably not. I mean, you 2 didn't like, you know?' Mcgee asked.

'We did. A few times.'

'Oh.'

'Yeah, and I enjoyed every minute of it.'

Silence.

'I'm afraid, Tim. Afraid that something will happen to her and I won't be able to help her. I know she chose to leave, but I can't help but think of possible reasons of why she did it. Like, did she really want to do it? Was there an ultimatum?' Nick said.

'That's, a lot. I've been questioning her choice as well. But, I think if she loves you, she'll try to come back to you.' Mcgee replied.

'Really?'

'I think so.'

'Well, thanks for the talk. I appreciate it!'

'You're welcome.'