𝟏𝟔. 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐊

"I don't want to do this

"I don't want to do this." adam shook his head, horrified on what he was walking into. eliza rolled her eye's at her brother's pathetic attitude.

"suck it up." eliza hissed, waiting patiently for bombay to come and let them into the locker room filled with the hatred of the duck's. she too, was scared for how they'd be treated. she knew they weren't exactly thrilled to have her on the team, being she was a bank's. she couldn't help but be worried about being on the same team as charlie. she felt more soft towards him now, and she hated that. she missed the times she didn't care about feelings, and now, that's all she does.

"hey, kid's." bombay announced his presence, making the twin's turn around to face him. "i was worried you wouldn't show up." he chuckled. "ready to go in?" he asked, curious. the twin's shared a quick look, before nodding for a reply. bombay was clearly worried about the two, but obliged them. he strolled over to the door, gripping onto their shoulder's to lead them in.

the duo stumbled in, all eyes falling on them. eliza could feel her pulse almost pop out of her skin as her adrenaline piled up. she had never been more scared of a group of teenager's, than now. she felt like her feet were pasted onto the floor, and didn't know to properly work them.

"ducks, you all know adam and elizabeth banks." bombay patted their shoulders, making them shake. eliza's eyes caught charlies, who was trying to hide the largest smile she's ever seen.

"on behalf of the ducks, i'd like to say welcome." charlie stepped in, making a few strides closer to us, before being cut off by a hand.

"cake-eater's." jessie insulted. eliza wasn't even sure if that was supposed to be an insult, but took it as one. her face cringed together, slightly appalled.

"ooh, the jess-man, dissin' the new guy's! the jess-ster!" the red head, averman, spoke out. eliza gave him a confused look, becoming weirded out by the curly haired boy.

"shut up, averman!" jessie snapped, keeping his eyes on eliza and adam.

"it's just a joke."

jessie ignored his teammate, taking step's forward to the twin's, who weren't very intimated by the teen. eliza was easily taller than him, and she believed she was even younger. "puttin' on a ducks jersey doesn't mean you're a real duck." he hissed, making the twin's share a look of un-amusement.

eliza looked the boy up and down, narrowing her eyelid's at him. she slowly shrugged her stuff off, throwing them into some corner of the room. she walked past him, shoving his shoulder in the process, to show she wasn't going to leave easily.

she walked over to the jersey's, glancing at adam. "which one you want?"

to say the game was successful, would be an understatement. the duck's took home a winning victory, and clear mind's of joy. eliza and adam would be lying if they said they didn't enjoy being on the duck's team. but, they were disappointed that their father didn't have the decency to even show up and support them. eliza liked to think he would've been proud, but she wasn't sure if that was actually true.

her shoe's crunched against the snow, that would soon be gone as the year began to flurish into summer. she always liked summer more than winter, mostly because she was able to escape her home more often. maybe, this summer she'd be able to be with charlie.

even thinking about his name made her heart flutter with excitement, and adoration. a small smile cracked onto her face, imagining how he treated her. eliza had never been treated kindly by any boy in her life, unless it was her brother's. sure, rick was nice. but he didn't treat her in the way charlie treated her, she was thankful for that. she would've been uncomfortable if rick had treated her like charlie did.

eliza wished he could be in his arm's right now. which, in her eyes, sounded incredibly cheesy. but she just wanted to be beside him, or hugging him, any type of psychical contact with him would be nice. but, she knew she'd go home, and stuff oreos in her face, while watching dawson's creek.

she was a sucker for pacey witter, and a complete sucker for him and caroline leery's relationship. she never knew if she wanted to be her, or be with her. it was quite confusing, to say the least.

"hey!" a voice shouted from behind her, startling the female. she whipped around, facing a jogging charlie conway, with a small smile plastered on his face.

"hi." she let out a mumbled, pulling her duffel bag up more.

charlie quirked an eyebrow, looking down at her. "you okay, el?" she let out a heavy sigh, nodding at his question. charlie could notice something was off, but didn't want to pry too much. "you did good today. amazing, actually."

eliza smiled at this, feeling a faint blush come across her face. "you think?" he let out an unbelieved chuckle, nodding.

"yes, eliza. you're incredible." he complimented, stuffing his hand's into his front pocket's of his jeans. "want to come over for dinner tonight? my mom misses you."

"really?" she looked up at him, hopeful he wasn't lying to her face. charlie smiled at how her face brightened up at the mention of his mother, happy to know that her and eliza got along well.

"yes. i think she's getting to the point where she want's to trade me off for you." joked charlie, making eliza let out a breathy laugh.

"i'd love to come over."

AUTHORS NOTE

peep my self promo for my dawson's creek fanfic