𝟏𝟖. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

THE alarming looks Eliza got from her peers as she walked through the halls of her high school killed her with embarrassment

THE alarming looks Eliza got from her peers as she walked through the halls of her high school killed her with embarrassment. She tried to stay oblivious, pretending she had no idea what they were staring at. But she knew.

Everyone knew.

Over the weekend, Adam had made the brave decision to appear at Flora McAdams party, accidently spilling to one of the twin's former teammates that his sister and enemy were now in a relationship. Even though Eliza and Charlie had yet to confirm anything with one another, they were in a different type of a relationship. Eliza had ignored the many rings she got from her so-called friends, not wanting to bother.

Yes, her and Charlie nor her and Adam had made up yet. She was on edge with everyone in her life, and she knew this was the consequence. Eliza felt horrible for what she said to Charlie at the rink last week and regretted every bit of it. Eliza had finally realized Charlie really did care about her, and she hated that she was trying to push what they had away. This was something she, deep down, always wanted. She always wanted to feel cared about by someone who wasn't forced to care about her, and that was Charlie.

Eliza shook her head, glaring at all the deadening stares on her. The girls around her school stared at her like she was a piece of meat, and they were all the predator's, ready to pounce and attack.

Wanting to escape this cage she was put in, she raced towards her locker at a speedy walk. She would be lying if she said she wasn't shocked by Charlie already being there, leaning against the metal locker right beside her own. She straightened her posture up. It was a habit she picked up over the years, thinking that if she seemed taller, she looked more powerful.

Charlie's head peaked up at her, faintly smiling at the girl who quickly returned it, relieved he wasn't angry.

"Hey, banksie." He whispered by her ear, as he stood tall from behind her, acting as if he was a shield to her. Eliza's cheeks rose at the heat of his body hitting her own, leaning back to meet his chest.

"Conway."

"It seems we've been caught." His eyebrows raised sarcastically, giving the hallway a quick look. Eliza let out a giggle, grabbing the books from her locker.

"I assumed you'd be happy about that."

Charlie laughed. "Oh, I am. Your brother finally did something great for once!"

"But, for all the wrong reasons." Eliza looked up to the boy with a frown, making him immediately grab her hand for some sort of comfort. To him, it was a simple gesture. To her, it was everything in the world and more. 

Charlie's face softened at the female, caressing her soft skin. "Don't frown, El. You aren't the one who needs to apologize. It's him. Don't take anyone's fight anymore, unless you fight back."

"I've tried." She murmured, looking down to the floor. Charlie was quick to place to fingers at the tip of her chin, pulling her head back up to look at him.