𝟏𝟕. 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

"BOY, this is great

"BOY, this is great." Charlie muttered from beside Eliza, amazed at the view in front of him. She chuckled, gleaming at the bright light's of the large hockey arena that was around them. The seats were empty. You could almost hear them begging for people to sit in them. The ice was freshly resurfaced, making a chill run down the blonde girl's spine over the exciting opportunity she was given.

The duck's let out series of shocked phrases, staring at the incredible hockey team in front of them, the North Stars. From beside Eliza, Charlie leaned up behind Bombay, whispering. "What are we doing here?" Charie wondered, eyeing me from the side. Bombay cocked his head to the side, "Just a little play-offs present."

The shocking present of the North Stars drew away everyone's attention from the ice rink, fawning over the taller men. "Hey, Gordo! Gordon Bombay, right?" Basil McRae, a left winger for the North Stars, said, shaking the hand of Bombay. Eliza gawked in awe, as Charlie smiled down at her.

"You remember me?" Bombay grinned, gripping the tall man's hard. "Sure, from Pee Wees." Basil nodded his head, turning to his teammate, Mike Modano. "This guy used to rule in Pee Wees." Basil complimented, before Mike spoke up. "I heard you were a famer."

"Actually, I became a lawyer. But I'm coaching now and this is my team, the Ducks." Bombay turns to us, smiling. "Ducks, this is Basil McRae and Mike Modano." The Ducks all let out sarcastic replies, making Bombay chuckle.

"Hey Ducks. Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about. If you ever want a shot, I'll get you a tryout in the minor-league clubs." Basil promised, as Bombay let out a 'thank you.' "No problem. Hey, nice seein' ya." And with that, Mike and Basil walked away. Eliza was too stunned to speak, looking over to Adam, grinning like an idiot. With him still being mad at her over the fight with their dad, he just rolled his eyes. Eliza frowned, looking down at the floor.

"All right, let's have some fun!" Bombay clapped his hands, shuffling us all out onto the frozen ice. 

As she skated across the icey floor, looking down at the ground with no one beside her. Eliza felt the need to be alone. Thankfully, Adam had somewhat gotten along with everyone, making her angered on how keen he was to make sure they stayed an enemy. She hated the fact that he was allowed to mingle with everyone, but she was forced to ignore them as much as possible. Eliza let her thought's float away as she felt a stare beside me, making her cock her head to the side to see Guy, looking at her with concentrated look.

"Are you okay?" He was the first to speak, as Eliza chewed onto her bottom lip, nodding. He gripped her forearm, leading her into the middle of the rink so they weren't in the way of everyone, the worst part of this decision, was that everyone's eyes were focused on them. Eliza let out a sigh, rubbing her tired eyes.

"Seriously, Beth. Are you okay?" He asked, concerned for the ex best friend of his. He tried to ignore the fact that in the back of his mind, he knew very well they were anything but best friend's back in the day. At least, that's what he thought.

She gave him a look, noticing the plead in his eyes for a confession. She gave him, rolled her head. "I'm fine, Guy. I've just been having a really hard time transitioning into this team. You guys work differently than the Hawks did, it's just a lot to take in." She murmured, rubbing her arm. Guy sighed, nodding his head.

"I'm sorry about that. All of this, actually. Everyone else has been..." He trailed off, looking up to the ceiling. "Real dicks to you guys." He joked, making a small laugh escape her lips. She looked up at him, smiling. "Thank you, Guy. Really." She nodded, as he mimicked her.

"Beth, I uh," He scratched the back of his head, looking all of a sudden nervous. "You look good." His eyes innocently trailed down her figure, making her give him a toothy grin. "You look really good." He muttered. "Whoever the lucky guy is, he really is lucky." He admitted, making her eyebrows furrow.

"Guy? There is no guy." She scoffed, looking down.

"Please. I know when you're lying, Beth. There is a guy, and you are totally into him." He nudged her shoulder, making Eliza playfully roll her eyes. "Ok, maybe there is a guy." She admitted, as he tried ignoring the pang in his heart from the admit.

"I'm happy for you, Beth. You deserve something, or someone, I should say, in your life." He told, as his words slowed down when she reached up to his hair, grabbing a small fuzz. Eliza's hand faintly brushed against his rosy cheeks, making a shudder run down his spine just from her touch.

"Fuzz." She giggled, flicking the white cotton away. He cleared his throat, nodding as his eyes peered over her shoulder, noticing a glaring Charlie Conway. Eliza followed his eyes, noticing the death stare of Charlie. Eliza bit onto her bottom lip, looking back up to him. "I- uh, should go." She whispered, as Guy nodded with envy. "Yeah."

As she started to skate away, Guy grabbed onto her arm, tugging her back. "Be careful, Eliza. Charlie's a good guy, he just has a..." He trailed off, glancing at the Conway boy. "A bad reputation with relationship's." Guy admitted, before skating away, leaving Eliza with questions and concerns. She faintly frowned, looking back over to Charlie, who was talking to Averman.

...

Eliza had never believed Adam or her were evil twins, until Adam decided to slip it to their father that Eliza already had a ride home, while their father only picked him up. So, here we are, Eliza sitting on a bench inside the large arena right by the front door, hoping she'll be able to somehow find a ride.

"Hey." Was heard from her side, making her head turn to face Charlie, who was lugging his large hockey equipment along with him as he sat down next to her. She sighed, giving him a smile. "Hi."

"So, what were you talking to Guy about." Right off the bat, he had to ask that question. Eliza knew he'd eventually ask, but was hoping it'd somehow have a lead up, not just asking straight out. She sucked in a deep breath. "He was just making sure I was ok. You know, since I left the team I've been on my entire life and now am here with my 'enemies.'" Eliza put air quotes up, as Charlie nodded.

"You two were touchy."  This made Eliza mentally roll her eyes, looking over to Charlie. He was facing forward, just as she was a minute ago. "Seemed like you two have known each other for a while. I mean, I've never seen you two talk until now. For being such new friends, you're awfully touchy. You like that with all your new friends, Banks?" She scoffed at his words, rolling her eyes at him.

"Are you seriously jealous right now?" Eliza hissed, watching as Charlie's jaw tightened. "No." He said quickly. Eliza glared at him, clenching her fists together. "Am I not allowed to talk to other boys, Charlie?" Eliza muttered.

Charlie looked over to her, straightening up his posture. "I didn't say that, Banks."

"Stop calling me that."

He grumbled, rolling his eyes. "I just want to make sure nothing is going on between you and him."

Eliza grimaced, narrowing her eyelids. "Why would you care, Charlie? We're not even together." Eliza sassed, before grabbing onto her thing's and beginning a long hard walk home. She ignored the shout's of her name from Charlie. She was excited for this day to be over.

AUTHORS NOTE

i apologize for any misspellings! i'm too lazy to go back and check it all🕺