Chapter 34

I opened my eye's. I was laying on a bed, Sally was sitting next to me, looking extremely stressed.
"Don't." She told me.
I reached up and pulled off the oxygen mask. "I'm so sorry."
"Don't be stupid Gabby. Just rest, you can tell me what the hell is going on later."
I nodded and closed my eye's again. I was glad because I didn't ever want to talk about what had happened, at all.
I layed back, trying to relax and trying to concentrate on my breathing but I couldn't, I just kept coming back to the same question. Why would Matt do this?
Finally the doctor came in to let me know I could leave. Apparently I'd had a panic attack, no shit.
"Go home and rest." He told me.
Home. I didn't have one.
Sally sensed my dilemma. "You can stay with us."
We left the hospital in silence and Sally didn't speak until she was driving.
"Matt keeps calling me."
I opened my mouth to protest, but she cut me off.
"Don't worry, I said I hadn't seen you."
I sighed and put my head back, closing my eyes.
"You need to tell me Gabby."
"I will." I whispered.
We completed the rest of the drive in silence and when we got to Sally's we headed inside. I just wanted to sleep and forget everything, but Sally had another idea.
"Go." She said pointing to the living room. "I'll make a cup of tea and you can tell me what is going on."
I nodded and collapsed on the couch wondering myself exactly what was going on.
"Okay." She said handing me a cup and sitting down. "Spill."
I groaned. "I can't."
"Gabby for fuck sake, just tell me."
"I came home, he was cheating." I said quickly.
"He was not."
"Sally, he was in bed, Kate was with him." That vision was burned into my brain.
"And what, they were having sex?"
"I think this was after they'd done the deed."
"No Gabby, no." She looked pissed. "I just don't see it."
"Well I saw it." And fuck, I was crying again. "What is it about me Sally, why do they cheat on me?"
"Gabby nothing is wrong with you." She told me hugging me.
We sat there, her hugging me, me crying my eye's out.
"Go and lay down." She told me, leading me to the spare bedroom. "It'll be okay, I'll find out what's going on."
"No Sally, please. I can't, I can't do this again."
She didn't answer me, she just hugged me and let me cry until I was cried out.
"Now sleep." She told me, and now I think I could. Now I felt exhausted enough to sleep.
I let myself drift away, forgetting everything and it felt nice, well that was until a voice interrupted me.
"MATTHEW. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?"
Damn Sally.