d

The bell would ring shortly, indicating it was time for them to go back to class. Before it did, Cheong San and Gyeong Su were already heading back to their classroom. Cheong San was a bit apprehensive about meeting Su Hyeok again, he wasn't happy or proud of having lied to his friend like that. But what could he do? Casually text him Oh yeah right I do remember some stuff like when I sobbed uncontrollably on your chest and kissed you, memory's still a bit jumbled up, though? That wasn't really an option.

There were a few people already in the classroom, On Jo was one of them, she was reading a book.

"Hey," Gyeong Su greeted her.

"Oh hey," she said, looking up from her book. "You two weren't in the cafeteria today." She pointed out.

"Yeah, Cheong San was passing out or whatever, so we went to the field."

Cheong San rolled his eyes.

"Still hung over from yesterday?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, kinda. Not really, but I don't know, had a bit of a headache, is all." He didn't want to go on talking about it anymore, having to keep on lying was proving to be exhausting. "So, you still haven't finished that book," he said, beckoning to the opened book on On Jo's desk, "I thought you said you were devouring it."

"I am, but I didn't get to read much this weekend, so I'm a bit behind with my reading schedule."

"Right, you've been pretty busy lately, many presidential meetings, I suppose," Cheong San joked. On Jo rolled her eyes but laughed.

"How are things with Madam the President, Miss Nam Ra?" Gyeong Su asked.

"Things are great. Yeah, things are cool." To Cheong San's luck, the bell rang and the other students began entering class, which was his cue to go to his seat. He didn't have anything against Nam Ra, quite the opposite, he liked her very much and loved her and On Jo together, but right now he just didn't feel like remembering their great and successful love life while he struggled with the Su Hyeok matter.

The previous year, On Jo told him she was beginning to have a crush on Nam Ra. She asked if he had a crush on anyone; he considered telling her about Su Hyeok, but decided against it and brushed it off, like no one in school was that interesting, anyway. On Jo and Nam Ra had been getting closer those days and soon after that On Jo made a move. In no time they were dating. Ever since then, Cheong San felt like the universe was screaming at his face "See that? That could be you, if you managed to grow some balls."

But he just couldn't put himself to confessing his love to Su Hyeok. The fear of losing Su Hyeok was too big, of things being weird between them. Plus the fear of embarrassment. He didn't think for a second there was any chance of Su Hyeok feeling the same for him.