Chapter 6: Master of Bass

Sonic Underground was now entering a rocky terrain for the third shard. It was night out, so it was hard to see.

"How much further, bro?" Manic asked.

Sonic looked at the radio as the signal was up ahead.

"The next shard should be just beyond this ridge." Sonic replied.

The heroes ventured further, as they stopped at the outline of some kind of crater.

"Whoa! What is that?" Manic said pointing towards something.

What Manic was pointing to was some kind of terminal gate in the center of the crater.

"Whatever it is, the radio is leading us straight to it." Sonic said.

The heroes drove into the crater and made their way to the mysterious gate.

"Let's move." Sonic said, getting out of his buggy.

"Careful." Shadow said as he and the others got out of his bike.

Manic got off his hoverboard landing on his feet. The five heroes walked up the stairs, making their way up to the gate. The radio signal as pointing towards the gate, but there wasn't any door.

"The signal is coming from inside." Sonic said.

Silver, Sonia, and Manic looked around the front trying to find a way in.

"It's just a wall." Silver said.

"How do we enter?" Sonia said.

"Hey, look at this." Manic said as the others looked to him.

A certain spot on the gate, looks like the radio device Sonic has in his hand fits inside.

"It looks like the radio. I wonder if..." Sonic said placing the radio in the hole.

The radio fit the hole as Sonic turned the gear left as more tumbled, and began to open a portal leading to the third shard.

"It's some kind of portal." Silver said.

"We need to go inside." Shadow said.

"But we don't know what's on the other side of this thing." Manic said.

"It could be what we're looking for." Sonic said.

"Or it could be death." Sonia said.

"Either way, we're gonna have to risk it." Silver said.

"Silver's right. If we're going to finally destroy Mephiles, we can't let anything stop us from getting that shard." Shadow said.

Silver walked up to the portal as he was the first to enter. Sonia entered second, followed by Sonic third, and Shadow fourth. Manic entered last as the heroes prepared for what lied ahead.

(\\// Earth: Bass Shard Terminal \\//)

The heroes were in some kind of terminal where the bass pendant shard was held.

"Is everyone here alright?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah. I'm good." Manic said.

Manic then noticed some kind of thing on his arm with ten separate lines lit up.

"What is this?" Manic said confused about it being on his arm.

"I don't know. But we all have them." Sonic replied showing his.

Sonia, Silver, and Shadow also showed theirs.

"Where are we?" Manic said.

"We seem to be trapped in some kind of void." Silver replied.