♬ EIGHT

[ JUNE 28th, 2020 ]
THREE DAYS LATER

ATHENA & JJ:
AT THE BEACH

Athena had been doing her best recently to stay away from the pogues

Athena had been doing her best recently to stay away from the pogues. Not because she was scared of, or angry with them, but because she didn't want to cause them any stress. The last time she saw them was the fight at John B's house. JJ still told her everything, and Kiara still called her every five seconds, so she didn't feel left out. Things weren't the same, but the peace and quiet was okay. Plus, Pope had recommended her a new book since she finished all the ones she'd brought from home.

And so, Athena was sitting on a towel on the beach, about ten feet away from the shore. Her toes were in the sand and it felt nice. It was one of the first days all summer where the temperatures weren't so deadly. Her sunburnt back was thankful for the few cooling clouds in the sky.

JJ was laying in Athena's lap, his eyes closed and his breathing slowed. She had her book leaning on him as she read. He begged her to read out loud to him, which was unexpected, but Athena was pretty sure it had put him to sleep about thirty minutes ago. And in truth, her voice coupled with the sound of the waves had put him to sleep. JJ didn't like that she read like a racehorse; he could barely figure out what was going on, but her voice was so perfect. It was the calmest he had felt over the span of the past few days and it knocked him out as soon as he stopped fighting the fatigue.

To circle back, the past few days... they had been pretty wild.

The day after the fight, John B went to JJ's and apologized for everything. JJ thanked him, hugged him, and then cried a little bit. Then he made John B swear on his life not to tell anyone he cried. John B agreed- but only since he was such a dick the day before- and made his own promise to repair things with Athena. JJ hugged him again.

And then, the day after that, JJ rolled a blunt for John B and Pope, unsure of why they were so adamant about it until they informed him of their master plan; dropping Kiara and Sarah off together in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and forcing them to spend the night together on a boat.

JJ told Athena all about it and she thought it was the funniest thing. And then she told him that if he ever tried to pull that over on her, she'd kill him and then break up with him via ghosting. (Get it?) JJ didn't think that was very funny.

In the morning when they picked Sarah and Kie up, they seemed to be all buddy-buddy. Pope thanked God that the plan didn't backfire, but John B knew it would work. JJ wasn't really paying attention, he was just proud of himself for supplying the weed because, without it, it definitely wouldn't have worked.