Love Yourself- Justin Bieber

Chapter Three:

Sam

Love Yourself-Justin Bieber

"Hey did you see that video of Cedes singing?" Puck asked Sam when he sat down next to him in their VIP section at their favorite club.

"What video?" Sam asked, taking one of the shots Puck ordered and downing.

"This one, she looks incredible and I haven't heard her sing in so long." Puck answered, pulling the video up on his phone and Sam recognized that outfit because he was there when she performed in it.

"Oh yeah... I was there that night." Sam said nonchalantly.

"You were? Man... I don't think I would have been able to sit through that, do you hear her? I heard that some major record labels caught wind of this and are trying to get in contact with her."

"Wait what? Really?" Sam asked feeling his self smile slightly because he'd always told her she should chase after that dream.

"Yep and if she connects with some of them she'll be shipping off to Los Angeles or New York." Puck replied nodding his head and taking another shot.

"She won't go."

"Why do you say that?"

"She wouldn't make that kind of move without me." Sam answered, earning a confused look from Puck.

"Ha! Maybe when you two were dating but dude in case you forgot, she's not your girl anymore. There's nothing tying her here anymore, are you really that arrogant to think that after all the shit you've done hell in the past few months she would stay here because of you!" Puck asked, laughing and shaking his head, Sam felt himself growing angry at his friend's lack of confidence in him.

"You don't know like I do, she won't go without telling me first." Sam said, trying to hold back his anger.

"Yeah just like she's not here looking fine as hell dancing with some other dude." Puck quipped and nodding toward the dance floor.

Sam looked and sure enough Mercedes was there dancing with some guy that looked vaguely familiar. He couldn't help admiring how beautiful she looked in her white and black body con dress, her hair was shorted stopping at her shoulder which was new because when he saw her a few months ago at the bar it was still long. He watched intently as the guy she was with wrapped his arms around her letting them drop just before reaching her ass and the anger he was holding in was starting to bubble over.

"Who the fuck is that?" Sam growled out but before Puck could even say anything Sam was already down the stairs headed towards Mercedes.

"You know you didn't have to take me out right?" Mercedes asked smiling at Anthony.

"No I did, I'm proud of you for even considering talking to some of the record execs." He replied smiling back.

"I should have treated you especially you've still been letting me crash at your place for this long." She joked as they swayed to the music not really keeping up with the beat.

"True, I want a steak dinner woman!" He quipped making her laugh before she felt a familiar presence near her and when she turned sue enough a pair of green eyes were looking at her intensely. "You good? You know him?"

"Mhm... that's my ex." She said looking back at him and the look that crossed his face said everything. He nodded slowly sighing and giving her a small smile.

"The one?" He asked looking passed her at the tall brooding blonde.

"So I thought." She replied honestly shaking her head to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. "He still there?" She asked and he just nodded before taking a step back.