Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts

Chapter 8

God Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts

Sam

This was the twentieth hole in the wall Sam had stopped at on his trip, much to his surprise he was actually recognized when he walked inside. The recognition of a random woman wanting to be the girl he was singing to wasn't that exciting to him but he was humble and thanked her for her kind words before heading inside to the bar.

He'd some how managed to make a thirty-six hour trip last roughly two weeks and he wasn't entirely sure how much longer he could stall before having to cross that state line he'd been dancing with the pass few days. After he'd tossed his phone back in Lima and given the only person outside of his family and Puck his new number he knew that she hadn't check the messages he did send. That let him know that his plan wasn't as successful as the dozen of people he'd run into after posting the first three videos made it out to be.

He'd been going into local bars and performing songs that were geared towards one person and one person only, Mercedes. The thing that surprised him was that after his third stop he'd already gathered a following and when he told them to use the hashtag ASONGFORMERCY he hadn't expected it to be trending by the time he'd reached his sixth spot.

"Oh my God! It's you, you're gonna sing for her again aren't you?" A girl asked squealing excitedly.

"Mhm... last time actually." Sam answered.

"Wait no, you haven't gotten her back yet... have you?" She asked.

"Guess you'll just have to wait and find out." He said with a wink before walking on stage.

"Hi. I'm Sam and I'm singing this song for Mercy. Mercy if you see this... I'm close." He said pulling out his guitar and letting out a sigh.

California

"What are you talking about?" Mercedes asked Kurt who was yelling at her over the phone.

"For the thousandth time have you checked any of your social medias?"

"No Kurt I barely have time! Besides Holly said there are people who monitor mine for me so what's the big deal?"

"You really don't know?" He asked and she could hear the shock in his voice but she really didn't know what he going on about.

"No Kurt now tell me!"

"When you get a minute look up the hashtag ASONGFORMERCY."

"Is there a reason why?"

"Just do it!" He said before hanging up and she just looked at her phone before rolling her eyes and looking up what he said but before she could, she was called into the room to meet with her label about something she wasn't entirely sure about.

"Mercedes! So good to see you again." Mark, the label head giving her swift hand shake before having her sit, Holly was already there and so was her publicist.

A lot had change from her in the following months, she released her first song Shaking My Head which was a hit and she quickly followed it up with Color Blind another hit and it showed her versatility. She was currently writing more songs for her EP that she hoped would lead to a small tour for her to get more attention on the East Coast but this current meeting she didn't have the slightest clue about what was happening or why she was meeting with Mark.

"So Mercedes you're probably wondering why I called this meeting." Mark started shooting her a dashing smile and she couldn't help but notice everyone was sporthing that same smile.

"Yes, is something going on?" She asked shifting slightly in her seat.

"I was actually going to ask you that exact question." He said and she just shot him a confused look before looking at Holly who she smiled and nodded at her as if to encourage her to say whatever it was they thought she knew.