Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield

Chapter Six

Mercedes

Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield

I am unwritten

Can't read my mind

I'm undefined

I'm just beginning

The pen's in my hand

Ending unplanned

"Is that all of it?" Kurt asked looking at all the boxes scattered around Mercedes's new place. It was a nice two bedroom apartment with all updated features and appliances, thanks to Santana's connections she was able to have it held for her until she could get out there.

"I think so..." She answered getting slightly choked up.

"Hey, we're gonna be back out here in a few months and you know I'm going to call and FaceTime you everyday.' Kurt said reassuring her.

"I won't." Santana said honestly with a shrug making them both laugh. "What I have a life and this is a good thing for you Aretha, it's a fresh start and you get to finally make some music like you should've done years ago. Honestly Sam held you back because if you were my girl I would've made you move out here as soon as we graduated." She added earning a hard look from Mercedes.

"Don't, don't do that. He wanted me to but I was too afraid to chase this dream..." Mercedes said before letting out a sigh.

"He clearly didn't try hard enough because you stayed at that shitty job pretending to be happy and for what? What could you have possibly been happy abo-"

"I wasn't pretending to be happy I was happy! I get you're not the happiest in your fake ass relationship and I may not be with Sam anymore but you will not sit in my face and talk shit about him... not in this aspect. He was-" She stopped knowing this was just going to make her dread up feelings she was finally over.

"All I'm saying is that you're here now and YOU did it. Don't waste your time missing us because you earned this and you really get a blank slate here." Santana explained and Mercedes knew she meant well but she still didn't like the idea of her talking poorly about Sam in that aspect.

"I know somewhere in that you're telling me you love me." Mercedes said pulling her into a tight hug that Kurt joined.

"My girls are okay again, good now let's get some food before we have to head back home." Kurt said pulling away.

Staring at the blank page before you

Open up the dirty window

Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Two Weeks Later

Mercedes wasn't really sure what she was expecting when her first day with meeting with her new manager but she wasn't expecting the eccentric woman sitting in front of her. Holly Holiday was her appointed manager from the her label and she only scared her slightly with her outrageous ideas and random moments of spitting out facts that had nothing to do with their meeting.

"Okay so you're single correct? I only ask because people are more inclined to want your music if you're free and obtainable. You're a gorgeous woman, nice body and we can throw you into the R&B genre whic-" Holly started before Mercedes shook her head.

"I don't want to be boxed in and I damn sure don't want to make songs about loving a man that doesn't love me or being some body positive icon because that's not me, I want to sing whatever I choose that was the agreement I made when I had my initial meeting. I don't mind singing R&B but I won't be tied down by it and as far as anything regarding my personal life, it will remain personal." Mercedes said firmly and Holly just looked at her for a moment before nodding.