The Killer Within

You lay on the couch while Rias sits at her desk. Despite her staring at you your eyes stay fixated on a nearby clock.

Rias: So (Y/N) how did you get that strong?

(Y/N): I don't know.

Rias: You have any hobbies?

(Y/N): Nope

Rias: How's school.

(Y/N): Same it's always been.

Rias: How are you feeling?

(Y/N): Eh

Rias: You don't have to worry. I may be a devil but I am quite affectionate towards my servants. 

(Y/N): Okay. 

Rias: You're probably wondering why I made you stay behind while everyone else handed out flyers and answered requests. 

(Y/N): Nope. Just following orders. Wondering isn't part of the job. 

Rias: Are you worried about Cindy?

(Y/N): Should I be?

Rias: No these requests do have a certain limit to things we can grant. 

(Y/N): So our power isn't infinite. 

Rias: No ones power is infinite.

(Y/N): I guess that's true to a certain extent. 

Rias: Care to elaborate?

(Y/N): Well if anything is possible there it is possible to have infinite strength maybe the qualifications are too high for anyone to attain.  

Rias: You have an interesting mind. 

(Y/N): Eh. 

Rias: Why do you care for Cindy so much. 

(Y/N): Why do you want to know?

Rias: Your connection to her seems to have a very strong foundation. It amazes me that despite years apart you 2 seem to be closer than ever. 

(Y/N): If I answer will you let me go with her on her runs?

Rias: I may grant you that request. 

GZ: *Careful (Y/N). She might be trying to get something out of you.*

(Y/N): *Agreed but I'd feel a lot better knowing she was okay.* Well my early childhood was kind of the life I had recently. I was alone most of the time. I always saw the kids playing in the distance. Cindy was popular to say the least. I isolated myself from her while in school but during the rest of the day she would come play with me. I used to think it was out of convince of having someone to play with why she did it. That was until a certain day. 

Rias: What happened?

(Y/N): What always happens. New kid people fall head over heels for them and it resets the hierarchy. Amazing how that exists in such a young age. 

Rias: So she liked him but he didn't like her and when she found out you were there for her?

(Y/N): Cindy didn't care about being popular at a young age she just wanted everyone to get along and play together. Safe to say the new kid is wanted to prove himself and to do that he targeted me. It wasn't hard to get everyone against me since not a lot of people knew me. A lie here an accusation there and soon I was the target. 

Rias: Cindy protected you. 

(Y/N): She stood up for me but in doing so she painted a target on her back too. I won't go into much detail but when I found a group of kids pushing her it was a good thing we were at the age where us kids started to lose teeth.