Somnambulance (PT. 1)

Kai's POV --

'''

Never had my gut twisted so badly in my life than when that grease-ball Bacon put his hand on Chanyeol. I barely noticed he had done the same to me. From the way his Chinese boy toy knew such a choice word, to the hungry eyes he was giving both of us, I could safely say he was on the prowl for sure.

"I have a really good idea!" He literally had to shout over his music, glancing at us with those charcoal-laced eyes in the rear-view mirror.

"I want to take you guys pre-party shopping!"

Looking out the window I didn’t even try to shout over the music. But Chanyeol did.

"Thanks," He laughed, "But we're broke."

Baekhyun just shook his head and smiled, stopping at a red light.

"Don't worry about it~ Hey, you guys are lucky -- you get to pick out the snacks."

I looked at Channie. He seemed really happy hearing that. I felt so backwards wishing I could have brought that happy look to his face. It wasn't even 8am yet and I considered giving up to these new feelings for my best friend already.

No. If I keep acting like this I might scare him off. I went to glance at him one more time and my stomach did a back-flip when I saw him looking right back at me. I blinked at him, Baekhyun's loud music preventing any sort of hushed conversation. He smiled and gave me a questing look as if to see if I was really okay with all of this.

Oh, if only he had the slightest idea.

I could barely manage eye contact with him. I sorta regretted not spilling my guts when we had been alone; the dream in detail and all the feelings that had come with it. I regretted it but I knew it was pretty impossible. Falling in love with your best friend of 9 years overnight and a dream as the catalyst.... I think I managed this morning so far as well as anyone else.

A tiny smile found it's way out. Suddenly, all of this reminded me of the times we'd say we wish we could read each other's minds and it warmed my heart just a bit to think back on all the times we had that were pseudo-bromantic. It gave me a bit of hope to say the least.

Chanyeol puffed one of his cheeks out and I couldn't help but quietly laugh. He seemed very pleased at that -- well he did, until his gaze pulled in the opposite direction and his face flattened. Curious on what he was looking at so suddenly, I looked as well. Creepy Jackie Chan was turned a full 180 in his seat and by the look on his face -- had probably been watching us the whole time. My face flattened just like Channie's.

Tao just smiled at us. He kinda reminded me of a black cat, complete with that smug look all cats have too. As he looked from me and Chanyeol his smile grew into a grin and to our surprise surmounted into the most absolutely innocent giggle I had ever barely heard in my life. It probably would have stopped all of our hearts if 'Tell Me Your Wish' hadn't been blaring from the car speakers. Almost like a child, the guy flipped back around so fast I almost didn't see it.

Wow.

What just happened? I looked at Chanyeol. He had the same expression.

The rest of the car ride was condemned to awkward silence and SNSD. Honestly, I don't think Baekhyun listened to much else. When a different group came on he'd skip it. It was beginning to make me laugh... In an irritated sort of way. Every time he'd do something I found myself glancing at Chanyeol. Is this really the type of guy he liked? Do I need to learn the steps for 'Gee'? What am I saying... Just shoot me now.

The car finally parked and the music stopped, leaving us in silence. I looked out of the window. We were at the mall. I tried so hard to fight my fifth eye-roll. Baekhyun flipped around in his seat and started fixing his hair as he spoke to us.