Chapter 8

As Dolores was walking with me, she apparently realized she had left something in her room. She got up and left, leaving me with the majority of the madrigals finishing the final touches before the proposal. 
After walking around a little I soon got bored and walked upstairs to bump straight into a distressed Dolores. I immediately grabbed her hand.
"Is everything alright, mi amor?" I paused for a second. Did I say that out loud? I hoped she hadn't noticed and continued to calm her down. Fortunately she was too stuck in her own thoughts to notice. She looked as if she were going to have a breakdown. Unfortunately she dismissed me with a simple sentence.
"I'm fine," she walked away fast to sit down at the table. I too just decided to leave it and sat next to Dolores. I unknowingly held her hand and I saw her calm down. I sighed and watched as others also began to sit.
I watched as Mirabel began to have a long staring contest and once Mirabel had something in the way of her piercing gaze on Dolores, Dolores immediately went to Camilo and told him everything.
I just watched whatever they were saying go down through the entire table. Isabela and Alma had been the only ones in the family who weren't having a breakdown. They apparently hadn't gotten whatever was happening. I glanced at Mariano, he was just sitting cluelessly and smiling with his mom, still having the lovesick expression written on his face.
Then it happened. I heard something crack and looked down to see a glowing rocks that were being put together like a puzzle, by... rats? Whatever, I looked over at Dolores and she began screaming letting out the secret. Something about the miracle dying because of Mirabel? I just stayed quiet until it started heavily raining on everyone and just comforted Dolores. This went wrong in every way possible. The cracks began to get worse as Dolores and I ran towards her room. This will not get any easier will it?