MinatoxReader (🍋)

You hummed softly as you sat at your desk, scribbling on papers and typing on your keyboard, all the while speaking into the phone that you were holding to your ear with your shoulder.

"Yes I know. Alright, thank you."

You sighed softly as you hung the phone up, burying your face in your hands. A soft knock rang through the room and you looked up to see your boss, Minato Namikaze. His brows furrowed as he took in your stressed out state and slowly entered the room.

"(y/n), are you alright?"

"Yes sir I'm alright. Just a little stressed but that's nothing unusual. I think I'm overworking myself again."

"Well, why don't you take a week off?"

You laughed softly as he walked around your desk to stand behind you. He leaned forward, propping himself up as he placed his hands on the desk on either side of you. You sighed and looked up at him as he smiled down at you, closing his eyes.

"Mister Namekaze, with all due respect, if I was gone for a week, this entire building would probably catch on fire, burn and collapse to the ground. Not to mention, I'm the reason you have so much free time on your hands. I do most of your work."

He sighed quietly as his eyes opened, glancing down at your legs that were barely covered by the skirt that was riding up them.

"I suppose you're right miss (l/n). How about I shut it all down for a week then? You must get some rest and relax or you won't be able to do your job properly."

"But sir-"

Your eyes widened as he spun you around to face him, putting a finger to your lips. Your face quickly grew hot as he crouched down in front of you.

"No buts, (y/n). Also, how many times do I need to ask you to call me Minato?"

"It's unprofessional, sir."

"(y/n) dear, we've known each other since we were kids. You know I prefer for you to use my first name."

You sighed softly, directing your gaze to the window as you bit your lip. Minato sighed softly, standing to walk over to the window.

"What do you think of me, (y/n)?"

"Well, you're a wonderful friend and boss."

"Come here, please."

You stayed silent as you stood, walking over to stand by the window. You smiled as you stared out at the city lights that shined brightly in the dark of night. Minato placed his hand lightly at the small of your back, opening the window. A soft gasp left your lips as you were hit in the face by the wind as it blew into the room, causing your hair to fly out behind you.

"Have dinner with me."

"What?"

You turned to face him as your eyes widened, your face heating up at the sudden shift in the atmosphere.

"Have dinner with me. Tonight at my place. Unless you'd rather go out somewhere."

He turned to face you, a bright closed eye smile showing on his features. You bit your lip, looking down at the lights.

"Is that a good idea? You're my boss, Minato. Wouldn't it be weird?"

"Ah finally, you were starting to make me anxious with your worry over not addressing me professionally. No, (y/n). You seem to misunderstand. This won't be work related. You've been my best friend since we were children so it wouldn't be weird unless you make it weird."

"Okay and your girlfriend? Would Kushina appreciate that?"

He chuckled, placing a hand on your head, "Kushina and I were never together (y/n). She asked if we could go out sometime but I told her that my heart belongs to someone else."