04

It's been half an hour since John called his cousin to pick him up and he was getting impatient.

"Seems like it was all talk, he didn't even bother to follow me," he says out loud, thinking about Jaden earlier who let him off just like that. He shook his head, "What am I even saying? Shouldn't I be glad he let me off the hook?".

Soon a red car stopped in front of the younger who immediately knew it was Justin's car. "What took you so long?".

The latter raised his eyebrow at John, "Traffic, now get inside.".

After a long way silent drive back to Justin's apartment.

Justin grabbed John's wrist and drags him to his living room. "You've got some explaining to do, John So.".

• -------- •

K. HQ

Jaden went inside the mansion after he lend his car keys to his butler. A lady immediately greeted him.

"Signore, you have a guest waiting for you.".

"Name," he stated and took off his blazer.

"Althea Bermudez, you're mother sent her, she's waiting for you at the dining room." She replied and bowed. Jaden fixes his tie and clicked his tongue. "She's wasting her time here, send her home. I have some important matters to attend," he says and didn't bother to look at the lady and walks his way into his study.

Once Jaden was out of sight, she quickly went to the dining room. A girl who was in her mid-twenties smiling widely.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to say, but Signore wouldn't join you," she stated and that made Althea's smile fade. As she crosses her arms and fold her legs, glared at her.

"His Mom sent me here!".

"I have told Signore about it, but he has some important matters to do," she explained and bowed.

"Tsk, why do I have to do everything just to get his attention.".

She stood up from her seat and find herself looking for the man she wishes to see. The maid didn't bother to stop the lady since someone was already in armed guarding his study.

"Let me in! I want to talk with him!" she shouted and pinch the guard's arm. "I'm sorry, but we can't do that. If I was you, you should get going before Signore gets annoyed.".

"Assholes! Master Jaden! Can I at least talk with you!" she shouted at top of her lungs and that made doors wide open. Jaden lowkey gave them a signal to let go of Althea who was glaring at Jaden only smirking at her.

"Leave us," he says and they bowed down as they leave the two alone. Althea coughed before she speaks since Jaden already giving her the chills.

"Speak.".

"You're Mother sent me here to bring you back to Italy and to proceed with our marriage plans," she stated and averts her eyes from his cold ones. "Why should I? My Father left this organization for me to handle and that woman wants me to marry someone like you? Marriage? You're way out of my league. Now get the fuck out of here because I have more important things to do." he said and went back to his study, slamming the doors loudly which scared Althea who's on her knees.