S I X

The court room is buzzing with activity as I take my new Vip seat the following morning.

I was wearing the fitted rust-colored long sleeves shirt and tucked it into a dark grey played high-waisted pencil skirt that stop the round thigh. I have puted on a long cream coloured coat that almost reached my knees.

 I have puted on a long cream coloured coat that almost reached my knees

Karan sends me a quick wink. Daksh Malhotra watches the interaction between him and I with suspicions

I send him a cheeky wink. Daksh raise his eyebrow at me.

'Whatever. I have nothing to hide. And besides, we haven't actually done anything wrong.'

After settling in. I notice that the Daksh isn't the only person watching me with suspicion.

It was Ketki Singhania.

The judge bangs his gavel, and everyone takes their seat.

'Mr Kundrra, your witness.'

Karan confidently strides to the witness box. He spends the morning questioning Victim's family.

Each of them expresses concern that the victim, Jennifer, was in an abusive relationship.

After their testimony, Karan turns to jury.

'You heard  several witness testified that Jennifer's ex-boyfriend was abusive.
Could he be involved in her murder?'

After a few grueling hours of questioning the judge cause for recess.
I head to take a seat on the bench. I was just beginning to eat the food I made.

When I hear the familiar voice calls out to me.

Karan's grinning face looks down at me . He's holding two Vada pav in his hand, one which he offers.

'I mean Vada pav is lucky for me now.'

I notice Karan ears slightly turning red.
Wait.... Was he blushing?
No way, No freaking way.

'Mene nahi mangaya tha, Karan.'

'This is me being caring and polite. Am i doing it wrong?'

Karan sits next to me on the bench. I can't help but glance around, looking for Daksh Malhotra.

'Don't worry. He's not here. He gets expensive sushi lunches delivered to his private office.'

'Tumhe kese pata chala?'

'Because uski aur meri bohot unpleasant interaction hui hein subhe subhe.'

There is a flicker of vulnerability in Karan's eyes.

'I am assuming he gave you a similar speech. Just speaking from experience I know how much he loves to intimidate reporters.To be Perfectly honest Daksh  hates me like he really really hates me.'

'Why? Jealousy?'

'I know my ego's big. But it's not that big.
Honestly? I just think it's just old fashioned condescension. He knows about my more.... Humble roots, let's just say. He doesn't think I deserve to be here.'