F O U R

'Oh, I'm sorry. Would you rather take this inside?'

My cheeks heat. I search his face for any signs of insincerity.

'So you're actually going to let me interview you?'

'I keep my promises, always. You should know that about me.'

There's enough sincerity in his eyes that I'm tempted to beleive him.

'So you're saying you actually trust me?
You don't think I'm just another corrupt journalist?'

'Trust? That's asking a lot. But I do believe you were telling the truth about not knowing me when we met at the coffee shop.'

'Are you Telling me I have won the approval of the great Karan Kundrra?'

'Careful, Teja. I haven't actually seen your work yet.'

'You're missing out.'

'Mujhe nahi pata, Teja. Is it any good?'

'Read the column Karan. You might actually learn a few things.'

Heavy footsteps Echoes in the hallway. It sounds like the recess is about to end.

'Before we go back, Can I ask you one last thing?'

'Abhi se he interview start, Teja?'

'Not officially, No just a personal curiosity.'

'Ok. Show of faith. What's your question?'

'If you found out Nitin was guilty... would you drop the case? Or keep defending him?'

'Listen closely, Teja. If there is one thing you need to know about me? It's that I never ever take on a client unless I am convinced that they are innocent.'

'Ah So you are that kind of lawyer,huh? The one that thinks they are always right.'

'And you are not exactly the same kind of reporter. The one who would rather die depending their opinion rather than admitting when they are wrong.'

'No I care about cold hard facts.'

Karan's mouth tilts into a small surprised grin.

'You are way too smart for your own good but you might be a decent lawyer.'

"Decent"?

'Fine you're super decent.'

'Wow, Teja. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.'

I roll my eyes

'Alright , I think I've had enough of being nice to you for one day.'

'Are you sure , Teja? BECAUSE I am starting to think you might actually like me.'

And with that, Karan sends me a final wink and squish my cheeks before leaving me in the hall

'Wait... Did he just pull my cheeks.
Ah I hate it. But I will let it slide because he is hot. No AH WHAT THE FUCK I AM THINKING. MUJHE GHAR JANA HEIN.'

🖤🖤🖤

4 Hours later and Two cups of coffee later, I am still stuck on my couch at home.