Chapter 2

LOS ANGELES, 2020
JULIE'S GARAGE

Julie and I were standing in the garage, freaked out because three random boys appeared out of nowhere.

"Ahh!" Julie yelled. The boys stumbled back, not expecting her to scream.

"Oh god, please stop screaming!" Shouted the blonde boy. He was wearing a pink hoodie, with a ripped, gray, denim jacket over it. He had a fannypack strapped around his chest, and wore a black hat over his head, backwards. Julie, and I held onto each other.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my mom's studio?" Julie asked them. The shaggy haired boy smirked and took a step towards us.

"Your mom's studio?" He asked. Julie lunged towards him, making him step back, and walking around us, trying to avoid her. He was wearing a RUSH tank top, and a gray and blue sweater over it. He hopped on the piano.

"This is our  studio, trust me. Fine, the grand piano is new, a-and...MY COUCH!" He yelled, throwing himself on the black couch. He looked around at stared at a guitar leaning on the couch. He pointed to it.

"But that is definitely  not my six-string." He said. He glanced all over the studio before standing up.

"Can you give me just one second?" He asked us, stepping closer to us. Julie, once again, lunged towards him, making him step back. I took a step backwards, since Julie kept walking close to them, and I didn't want to be so close to a bunch of random boys. The shaggy haired boy looked over at me.

"It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." He said. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he smiled at me before walking over to his friends, making a huddle with them. Julie and I heard them whispering about witches, and the studio.

"Maybe..maybe they're witches, there's chairs floating on the ceiling." Said the black haired boy. He was wearing a white shirt, and a black leather jacket over it. The  blonde one turned around and looked at us.

"Why are you in our studio?" He said loudly. Julie stuck her hand through his body. Our eyes widened as she pulled her hand away from him.

"Oh my gosh. How'd you do that?" She asked him. He sighed.

"Clearly, you're not understanding- clearly they don't get it. Okay, look. We're ghosts, all right?" I froze, tightening my grip around Julie's arm. Ghosts? So they weren't demons, and they weren't boys, they were ghosts.

"We're just three ghosts, and we're really happy to be home. So, thank you for the flowers. They really brighten up the room." He finished.

"Dude, stop. You're freaking her out." The shaggy haired GHOST said, pointing to me. He took another step towards us.

"We're actually in a band called Sunset Curve." He said proudly. The ghost with the leather jacket also took a step forward, standing next to the blonde ghost.

"Tell your friends." He said. The shaggy haired ghost put his hands in his pocket.

"Last night was supposed to be a really big night for us. It was supposed to change our lives." He imagined. The blonde ghost leaned in close to him.

"I'm uh...I'm pretty sure it did." He whispered.

"This is freaking me out." Julie said.

"Tell me about it." I said, taking my phone out of my back pocket, and pulling up Google. The shaggy haired ghost pointed to it.

"What is that? What are you doing?" He asked me.

"It's my phone." I responded.

Julie shook her head, "No. Stop talking to them. They aren't real. There's no such thing as cute ghosts." The black haired ghost with the leather jacket raised and eyebrow and smiled to himself.