8. Closer

8. Closer
-

After lots of rest, and an embarrassingly long time plotting how to ask for Sasori's number, Sakura is ready to return to school and work.

Upon her arrival, Ino pulls her into a suffocating hug and starts bawling about being so worried about Sakura and how she better not ditch her again.

"Yeah, then where were you yesterday, Ino-pig?!" Sakura teases and Ino finally let's go with a laugh.

"You know I'm not really the third wheel type." Ino replies sticking out her tongue, leaving Sakura confused. Ino lets out an annoyed sigh at her clueless best friend.  "Come on, Forehead, you can't be that dense! So, give allll the details, girl!" She exclaims draping her arm around her shoulders.

Sakura blinks.

"Details?" She asks, dumbfounded and tilting her head. The only thing coming to mind is her reaction with a certain handsome redhead, but Ino doesn't know about him. Yet.

"Sasuke-kun, Sakura! I sent him to give you the notes! Don't tell me he backed out of it, I swear when I find him-" Sakura cuts off her ranting before she can finish her threat.

"Oh! Right, Sasuke-kun did stop by, now that you mention it!" Sakura replies, like a lightbulb went off in her head.

"Oh, yeah? Details!!" Ino bursts, a new gleam in her eyes.

"Well...he kinda just dropped off the notes and left." Sakura explains.

"That's it?!" Ino asks, dejectedly. Then Sakura remembers the other thing he handed her. Which reminds her, she never actually got to open it. Not that she needs medicine now. In fact, thanks to him and Sasori, she'll be set for over a year now.

"He also got me something from the convenience store." She adds calmly and which perks her best friend right up. Sakura continues. "If you're gonna say that means he's into me, you're forgetting that's just how Sasuke is. We're friends." She adds.

"Whatever you say, Billboard Brow." Ino says and starts dragging Sakura to their first class.

On the way there, Sakura wonders if she's right in what she just said. Are they friends again? She's not sure. Not like you need to formally announce 'hey we're friends again after a really long, awkward break' right?

-

It's the end of the day and Sakura's doing her teacher a favor by cleaning up the classroom. She's not sure why she agreed to it, Kakashi-sensei is notorious for being the lazy teacher anyways. He's probably off in his office or at home reading his pervy books, Sakura thinks with a sigh.