2. Missing

2. Missing

-

After a short-lived weekend that gave her a couple days off work to relax, Sakura could've sworn it was all a dream. She went about her usual morning routine, leaving the news on in the background as she got ready for school.
She was in the middle of packing her things when a missing persons report came on. She looked up to see who it was this time and her eyes widened in shock.
She dropped the book in her hand and felt her heart race as she stared right at one of the boys who cornered her on Friday night and it all came rushing back. Images of Sasori attacking that same boy to save her flashed quickly through her mind.
She turned the volume up to listen intently to what was going on.
"A young man named "Hayashi Kenta" has reportedly gone missing." The newscaster explained. Sakura intently stared at the screen, eyes wide and adrenaline pumping through her veins as she kept listening. "He was last seen by his two friends late on Friday night. The police are doing all they can to investigate leads. More information will be provided as the investigation moves forward." She continued. This made no sense to Sakura. Though, he was a horrible person, it made no sense that he suddenly disappeared and that she had been one of the few people who'd last seen him. There seemed to be something more to this but all she could do was leave it to the professionals... right?

Sakura blinked, switching off the TV and trying to shake it out of her head. The whole ordeal was suspicious to her.
She continued to ponder about the situation as she slung her bag over her shoulder and slipped on her shoes on. This wasn't the first time she'd heard of something like this happening, there were several reports of missing persons within the last few months.
After taking a quick survey of her apartment to make sure she had everything with her. She tightly shut the door behind her and locked it as she exited and started her walk to school.
-

"Are you ever going to actually join the conversation, Forehead?" Ino asked in annoyance from across the lunch table. Sakura had been completely zoned out all of lunch staring down at the food on her plate and prodding mindlessly at it. Ino reached forward and flicked Sakura's forehead causing her to wince and look up at her. She shot Ino a glare and averted her gaze back to the plate.

"If you don't participate I'll steal Sasuke-kun right from under your nose." She added smugly with a smile. That never failed to get her attention since she was always talking about how infatuated she was with the boy. Sakura's head shot back up at full attention.

"Like hell, Ino-pig! So, what are we even talking about?" She asked with a new determination in her voice. Ino smirked at her victory and began to tell her what was going on.

"Well, long story short, Kiba hooked us up with a date with the boys." she explained. Sakura raised an eyebrow, expressing a look of total confusion.
"Huh?"

"I told Kiba that I would go on a date with him if he would kindly hook you guys up with Sasuke and Naruto. Do you follow?" Ino went on. Hinata's eyes widened beside her and her face turned a whole new shade of red.
"W-we didn't discuss this!" Hinata protested and Ino turned to look at her.