28. The Freaking Queen of England

"I'm so sorry about Charming, Ame."

When Ame had arrived at the grocery store, Freddi could immediately tell that something was off. She knew that Ame had been chasing after Charming last night after he escaped, but she had no idea of the outcome. Maybe she should have just popped in on Ruby last night after all even though Ruby had told her she was busy.

"It's not your fault," said Ame as she stood behind her register.

"Ruby should have called. I would have been there," said Freddi. "I hope you know that. I would have brought ice cream and everything."

"Well, thank you. I'd much rather had, had you and the ice cream for company than the strange men that Ruby had over when I woke up."

Freddi's eyes grew wide when Ame mentioned strange men over last night. Ruby had said she hadn't had a boyfriend, and she wasn't known to hang out with men outside that.

"Who were they?"

"No clue," said Ame.

Ame didn't really feel like reliving everything from last night with Freddi right then, especially during work. As Ame worked to check out the people that seemed to suddenly appear in front of her, the little girl that was with the woman asked if she was panic girl.

Ame was many things now. Panic girl, a strange man's interest, and now a grieving pet owner.

With Ame busy checking out the customers in front of her and with her own line empty, Freddi moved to dig out her cell phone. She had some choice words for Ruby at that moment, and she had the perfect meme to sum it all up.

Freddi

- - -

Ruby stood in the local pet shop with a disguised Taehyung and Jungkook. The pet store was small and cramped. There wasn't much space between the aisles, and the whole entire place smelled like hay. Jungkook was currently standing a few feet away near the back wall, examining all the bunnies that they had to offer. Luckily there were a few to choose from, but it was obvious that Jungkook was trying to study them carefully to make sure he picked out the right one. As he studied the bunnies, Taehyung stood beside Ruby. His eyes kept going towards the small gated dog enclosure nearby where little puff ball looking dogs were yipping and running about the cold tiles.

"You're a dog person, aren't you?" asked Ruby. Even though she couldn't see Taehyung's eyes behind the sunglasses, she knew.

"Oh yes. They are the most adorable animals on the face of this earth," said Taehyung.

Before Ruby could reply, she heard her phone ting with an incoming text message. Digging out her phone, she looked to see that it was Freddi who had texted. Standing so close to Taehyung, he accidentally saw the message too and the meme that had been attached with it. He chuckled.