51. Setting The Stage

"That's your job."

"Excuse me?"

Jimin watched as Taehyung slipped his shoes on by the front door. Taehyung was going to see Ruby at the cafe to talk about securing a location for later that evening. That would leave Jimin alone in the apartment with the reclusive Jungkook. Jungkook had been shut up in his bedroom ever since they arrived home last night.

"You heard me," said Taehyung.

He wasn't about to say the plan out loud for fear that Jungkook would hear. Taehyung grabbed up his black hoodie off a nearby chair to complete his disguise as he looked at the bewildered Jimin.

"What do you take me for?" asked Jimin.

"A charmer," said Taehyung with a quick smile, "Now work your magic."

Jimin grumbled under his breath as Taehyung escaped out the apartment door without another word. Jimin's eyes turned towards Jungkook's closed bedroom door, taking a deep breath to mentally coach himself before walking over to it and knocking. When no answer came to the knock, Jimin moved a hand to twist the doorknob slowly, pushing it in and open to see that Jungkook was curled up on his side with his face towards the shaded window.

"Time to get up," said Jimin as he entered the room in his white t-shirt and gray sweatpants from the night before.

"I don't have to. I don't have plans for tonight."

"Yes you do."

"Says who?"

"Uh me? Hello. Do you remember me? Park Jimin?"

"You're corny."

"That wasn't my name last I checked. I just said it. Aren't you listening?"

Jimin managed to duck off to the right just as a pillow from Jungkook's bed came sailing his way. It plopped against the wall before tumbling to the floor.

"What did you do? Turn into Jin? I am listening, but I'd like it more if you could leave."

Jungkook still couldn't get last night out of his head. Ame was making him all confused. He thought they had been making progress, and then it had blown up right before Charming woke up. Why was he having feelings for such an impossible woman?

"Well, you need to get up because I set you up on a date."

"You what?!"

That caught Jungkook's attention as he moved to sit upright on the bed and look over at Jimin. Jimin held up both hands in surrender.

"I set you up on a date."

"I heard that," said Jungkook, "But why?"

"Two reasons," said Jimin, "And I'll tell you those two reasons if you promise not to throw anything else at me."

Jungkook stared at Jimin before crossing his arms across his chest.

"Fine. Now spit it out."

"One of the reasons is because I'm tired of you sulking about after one woman when there are so many out there."

"You haven't even been here a whole twenty four hours," said Jungkook, "So you can hardly say that."

"Yes, but am I wrong?"

Jungkook uncrossed his arms as he slowly slipped a hand along the mattress towards another pillow. Jimin saw the movement and pointed a finger at him.

"You promised you wouldn't throw anything else at me," said Jimin. "So you better not."