fifteen

Alex POV

His name is Victor Parks. he's 19 years old, graduated from the same high school as me. He has a nice house, small but cozy, and it smells like some sort vanilla lavender. He was an orphan as a baby. His parents didn't want him. His name is Victor Parks and he's my brother.
"they adopted me when I was small apparently. never knew my real parents and I really don't care to. but, we did grow up together, Alex."
"I dont... I don't even remember.."
"I left when you were small. and I'm really sorry for that. I know what those bastards do to you..i was too afraid to come back."
"that doesn't matter now..its fine. I'm safe now."
"I suppose you-"
"wait what the fuck?! if you're my brother than why were you trying to make something happen the other night??"
"because I like seeing that bitch tick"
he smirked. he was confident. he had an ego that seemed hard to break.
"just leave us alone okay..i do what I want"
"whatever. when he hurts you don't come crying to me"
he was acting like everything was okay again. he had a joke in his voice. like he thought everything was normal now.
"just because he broke your heart doesn't mean-"
"he didn't break my heart!"
there was a pause before he spoke again
"I broke his... look I don't want to talk about this, lets just take a walk okay?"
"you mean a walk back to my boyfriend"
"sure whatever"

he put his hand on my back and led my out his back door. the walk wasn't back to Damon which I anticipated. he took me down the street into the woods where there was this little stream. he climbed up into a tree, and helped me up there too.
"I don't ..like heights"
"yeah I've heard it all before."
his hand found its way around my shoulder, keeping me from going anywhere.
safe... alright I can do this
"just look out," he said "it's like the ground doesn't exist. just water and nature and the air grabbing at you...y'know like you don't be like to humanity."
he has a soft side
"do you come out here a lot?"
he shook his head
"once a few years back. it's changed."
"then how do you make things sound so magical"
"don't you know?" he looked at me and smirked softly
"trees are magical things"