nine

alex pov

the day went on..

by twilight my flashbacks calmed some the more he took care of me. I was home, in his arms. nothing could hurt me right now.

earlier today he had called my parents about me moving in, and having me start online school. my dad was easy to convince the idea to, it was basically a two second phone call from what it seemed. my mom on the other hand, she fought some to keep me at home. some times I like to think she really cares about me, and she does more than my dad. but she doesn't care enough too keep me at "home". eventually she was convinced, and I would come tomorrow to get my things. the idea made me so happy, I jolted up off the couch regardless of how bad it hurt my side, and threw myself into Damon's arms, hugging him.

the best online school he found was based off our county's schooling system(which sucks), it just cut out the psychical education part. it's not like I would've passed that class anyway. Damon would call the school tomorrow morning and figure things out.

I reached over to the bottle of painkillers. Damon gave me a glare of some sort before putting his hand on mine

"you've had enough." he was stern but not harsh with his words

"but it hurts.." I said in return.

"does it?"

I nodded and looked up at him. I was sitting in his lap on the couch, my back against the armrest and my legs to the left of him. he simply leaned down and lifted my chin, pressing his lips against mine.

I was confused for a moment, but then I realized what he was doing and blushed.

he pulled away ever so slightly from me and whispered, "pain killers won't help that kind of pain baby.."

how he knew what I was talking about, I had no idea. but he knew, and that's all that mattered.

"it's stopped the pain before.."

"but it didn't heal the wound."

I let out a sigh. I may have been at home but the scars from my parents never healed. Damon is slowly fixing that issue..

but it hurts so much sometimes...

a/n

short chapter and I apologize D: i've had some personal issues/things going on and I've also had writers block PLUS school starts Tuesday for me and just mEH. /.\ I'm gonna update as much as I can with longer chapters I promise 😊