Chapter 8- "everything sucks and i dont give a fuck"

<<KaTs pov>>

"Kat you can't just lay there and wallow in your own self pity for the rest of your life," Katy says, trying to get me to move for the fiftieth time this week. "C'mon, were almost to Cali, you have to get up."

"No thanks," I mutter, pulling the blankets further over my head. "You can go now."

"No, Kat, you are getting up today. Stop playing the caking victim, it's your fault so get up!"

"Well, gee, thanks so much, Katy, I fucking love you too!" I hiss, sitting upright and pushing her away.

"Kat, that's not what I meant."

"I don't care, get out. Leave me alone," I say. "Out. Now."

Katy reluctantly leaves the trunk, leaving me to myself. I hadn't done much the past week or two (What day is it?). Basically, I haven't moved from this mattress except to pee. I have not eaten, haven't drank, haven't done a single thing except cry, sleep, and think. I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to be left alone, and maybe have some answers. But I'll never get those. I don't bother trying.

"Kat, you okay?" Jared asks, lifting the trunk door up. I shake my head.

"Does it look like I'm perfectly fine, Luci?" I ask, frowning. "'Cause I'm not. No, I'm not fine all."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked," he says.

"At least you care," I mumble. "And you're not pushy about it either."

"I just want no drama. Even as Lucifer, I still dislike conflict between friends," he explains. I nod.

"I know the feeling," I say. "Next time we stop by Walmart, pick me up some bleach, will you?"

"KAT! No!" Jared hollers. "I'm not letting you kill yourself!"

"Who said that's what I'd be using it for?" I ask, crossing my arms. "Maybe I wanted to bleach some clothes. Maybe I wanted to bleach my hair. Maybe I wanted to bleach the pictures of me and Brody so I can feel like I'm burning his fucking self to death so I don't have to ever look at him again and be reminded that the one I loved broke my heart and left me!"

And there goes my sanity of the day. Welcome back, mental breakdown, welcome back..

"Kat, please," Jared says, frowning. "I'm sure he didn't me-"

"What do you mean, "he didn't mean it"?! Of course he did! He doesn't care! He doesn't care that he hurt me, or that he's making me feel so horrible! He doesn't care that I cry myself to sleep at night, he doesn't care that i have ungodly amounts of urges to self harm or kill my self at any God forgiving moment!" I rant to Jared, tears rapidly flowing down my face. "He doesn't care, Jared, he doesn't care."

"Is she crying?" Oh no.

"What do you think, Brody?" Jared asks harshly.

"She is."

"Obviously, I am, you dipshit!" I try to say, but it comes out nothing more than a hoarse whisper.

"What did she say?" Brody asks Jared.

"She said, "obviously I am, you dipshit"." He tells him.

"Oh," he says and walks away, shrugging.

"What did I tell you, Jared, what did I tell you?" I say, wiping my face. "He doesn't care."