Chapter 5 | Stars

TW: Blood

It was already noon and the temperature became awfully hot, everyone was used to this high temperature, everyone except Venti. We sat near the counter, furthest from the other customers and the lack of ventilation made it worse for the male, Xiangling came with our orders and placed it on our table.

"Here's your order! Phew, it's awfully hotter today than usual."

"Xiangling!" Called one of the customers.

"Ah- yes!" She walked over towards them and took their order.

Zhongli turned to face Venti who was already soaked in sweat, fanning his hand on his face. "Are you alright, Venti?"

"Do I look fine? It feels like I'm suffocating." He said as he let out a huff. He grabbed a glass of cold water and chugged it down. "Damn, M..x such a blockhead.." he mumble, I could barely hear it but it was there.

I took a few bites on my almond tofu and sat there in silence. I glanced over to the green eyed male as he took a bite from his food and after a few seconds his face burned bright red. He grabbed the glass and poured cold water before chugging it down once again. He let out a deep sigh.

"It just had to have spice in it, huh." He pouted, that is so childish.

"Xiao." I turned my attention to the other male whom was smiling at me. "Do you mind sharing a bit of almond tofu to him?" I blinked.

"Huh?" Was all I could muster before the other male sat next to me.

"Really? Will you Xiao??" He asked, his face awfully close to mine. His eyes were glistening, I could get lost with those eyes if If I stare at it too long. I looked over to Zhongli whom was just staring at the scene, intrigued.

"I.. uh.." I stuttered and sighed. "Fine. But not much." I mumbled. Which immediately made the other male's eyes lit up, finally he backed away, but of course he just had to flash me one last smile.

"Thank you, Xiao!"

-------

The male stretched his arms out. "That was so good! Didn't think you'd be into sweets Xiao. But never judge a book by its cover." He looked back at me with a bright smile. Does he not get tired with that? Always wearing such an expression, seems tiring.

"We'll drink at night, right now it would be a perfect time for you to explore." Zhongli said as he placed a hand on Venti's shoulder.

"Ehh.. fine." He huffed and crossed his hands. "Where to?"

"Mountains." I quickly answered.

"Mountains?" He raised his brow and tilted his head slightly to the side to face me.

"As the last of the Yakshas I must fulfil my duties. I swore to protect this nation, as said from the contract of the Geo Archon." He sighed.

"Your still doing that..?" He whispered, though I heard it very clearly I choose to ignored it instead.

"We can enjoy the scenery of Liyue in the night while you take your drink." Zhongli said which made made the other chuckle.

"That works as well."

Arriving at one of the mountains I glanced around the surroundings to see if there would be near by Hilichurl camps, and a few was in fact present.

"Would you like us to assist you dearest conqueror of demons?" Venti said as he place a hand on his chest and lowered his upper half to a bow.

"Don't get in the way of a adepti's work. Do not concern yourself in slaying these beast for it is my responsibility to keep Liyue at peace."

"But it would be much easier if we work together." He said as he crossed his arms, looking at me expectantly. I glared.