Prologue | Bloody Night

Yahoo!~ before we start, I'd like to clarify that this is not canon to the actual story of the game and its plot is made by my sleepy imagination, A.K.A 1 to 3 am brain.

The art's not mine.. I found it on Pinterest, so if you know the artist of the picture above and the book's cover, please tell me and I will give them proper credit! Thank you! That's all I gotta say <3

TW!
Mentions of blood and dark thoughts
Read with caution

-------

On a bloody night in the middle of the Archon war, The Yaksha was on the urge of losing control, as crimson liquids continue to shower him from the countless bodies he have slaughtered. Drowning himself in his own thoughts.

"Kill."

"Have no mercy."

"Kill."

The adepti was losing his mind slowly, devoured by the voices in his consciousness, urging him for more bloodshed. He was in pain but he still showed no sign of mercy. Losing his mind now could lead to him killing not just the enemies but also everyone in the nation he swore to protect.

He couldn't take it, he could feel himself drown in corruption. As he looked up at the sky, hopeless, he then heard a melody from a flute not so far away. It was played gracefully, the notes weaved like the beautifully crafted hanfus worn bythe voices inside the adepti's head slowly vanished. It calmed his thoughts down.

Curious on where it came from the adepti listened and followed the calming tune, leading to the beach of Guyun. The light of the moon reflects the crystal clear ocean. Stars scattered everywhere in the night sky.

As he stepped closer and closer a figure that's sitting on a rock in the middle of the moving waters came into vision.

A person in white sat there, wings spread wide as if it were feeling the ocean breeze, facing the horizon as they continue to play the flute. The adepti stared wanting to come closer to them and ask them questions. But he couldn't move, as if his body has it's own mind telling him to stay put.

And so he stayed there, he closed his eyes, listening to the music that was being played before him, it was calming.

He was calm.

A gentle breeze then blew across his face opening his eyes just to see the figure turned around facing him.

The light of the moon reflects their features perfectly with a glow; Pale skin, Bright ocean green eyes, dark blueish hair with an extremely bright blue highlight on the two ends of the twin braids; A Cecilia attached on their head and the hood hangs freely on their back.

He noticed that the person in white wasn't covering that much skin 'How can one go out in a cold bloody night almost naked.'

The figure smiled at him, he felt warmth in their smile but the ever so dull eyes that has witnessed the nature of war burned within the soul. Yet Xiao felt peace, it felt as though there was no such thing as war or anything related to it. Whether it was but an illusion or hallucination, he still felt...

Free..?

That's when it hit him, 'Wings..?' He looked at the pair of wings, it's feathers were as white as snow, 'They are real..' eyes widened. He looked directly at the figures gaze as the wind starts to blow in their surroundings.

The man, as the adepti had figured out, stood from where he sat and spread his wings gracefully, pieces of white cloth tangled around his thin feminine body. Feathers fall As he flapped his wings slowly and flew just a few meters away from the rock. He was the rumored newly born God capable of claiming a place on the seven thrones of Celestia.

"Lord Barbatos." He said sternly as he looked up at the wind god.

The adepti watched as the said god flew higher in the air and towards him. As he got near the adepti close enough, still on the air, he cupped the adepti's face and stared into his golden eyes, the adepti gripped his spear.

'Kill him.'

'He is Morax's enemy, eliminate him.'

He needed to. To help eliminate his Lord's enemies. The man in front is one of them. But he couldn't move, he stood there as the God of the wind caress his face with his thumb getting rid of a few blood stains causing his hands to have a crimson color.

The wind born spirit giggled leaving the adepti confused. He let go of the adepti's face.

"Here." He handed him the flute. "Keep it."

The wind God nodded and flew further away from the adepti, flashing a smile before he flew above the clouds.

The guardian stood there dumbfounded. He had the chance to slaughter him, but he didn't even try to shove him away when he was touching his face. He waited, expecting for the voices to come back, but it didn't. His mind was in a peaceful state, how long has it been since he felt peace?.. He stared at the item on his hand for a bit. The dihua flute has a simple design, but it was beautiful.

"I will remember this. Barbatos.."

-------

Decades had passed but the war has yet to cease. Even with the countless deaths of the Gods many still stood and lived with the intention to take a seat on the seven divine thrones. There were three that had been claimed. The God of Contact, Morax. The God of Eternity, Raiden Makoto. And the God of Freedom, Barbatos. The former, Morax was God whom Alatus respected and followed.

"That late bloomer sure know how to make use of his wings." Morax said, a hand on his chin. He still couldn't believe that Decarabian was over thrown by him, impressive to say the least. Before the Archon War escalated in a more violent stage, he and the Anemo Archon became friends at some point. But of course, the friendship did not last long when the war started to turn more vicious and the Gods whom roamed the lands of Teyvat became even more territorial.

Just yesterday he and Barbatos faced each other, causing huge damage to the landscapes outside of Liyue, the bard easily maneuvered and dodged Morax's attacks. 'His dodging skills improved, not bad bard.' He smiled at the thought of his old friend, he looked over to the figure whom was leaning onto the balcony railing. "Alatus?"

Startled, but did not flinch the Yaksha turned to face him. "Yes my lord?"

Morax's eyes softened "Do you have any concerns?"

"There is nothing to be concerned of as of now my lord." He said as he looked back at the horizon, Morax walked over and admired the view of his nation.

"Liyue is beautiful isn't it?" He looked at the shorter male once again and sighed. "Something must be troubling you."

The shorter male looked up at him. "Do you know anything about the God of the Wind my lord?"

Morax blinked, surprised on what Xiao had asked and confused on why he wanted to know. An unexpected question indeed. "Barbatos?" He did not expect that the Yaksha has been thinking about that wind born spirit.

"Apologies for asking you such unimportant questions my lord." He said, bowing apologetically to the taller man.

"Rise your head." He commanded. "Barbatos.. He and I had somewhat established a bond.." He decided not to continue his sentence and leave it hanging.

Xiao looked at him and raised a brow. "You do not consider him just as mere acquaintances?" The God of Geo turned to nod.

"Though I thought you already know that considering the amount of time he and I spent together." Xiao nodded understanding not to pry or ask more question about both Archons friendship. "If you want to know more, you can ask him when the time comes." He added

Xiao looked at him then back at the horizon, he have in fact met the God of freedom in the past, but did not engage any sort of conversation. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes before the rest of the Yakshas have arrived.

This era was bloody and destructive but it'll all be over soon..

-------

Like it? Vote it! I would definitely appreciate the support <3
Anyways thank you for reading this! This is the second book I've been writing the other is still in the drafts and honestly. Not bad. Bye!~