Chapter 6 | The City of Freedom

A/N: oh em gee an update?? Ayo?? I went on a small break since school is over. I also got sick and it was BAD I tell you

-------

I teleported passed Wangshu Inn a while ago and is now walking down the unfamiliar path towards a bridge and at the end of it were stone brick walls towering in front of me. The guards saw my pressence and stopped me from entering.

"Halt, what is your business here in the middle of the night?" One of them asked.

I simply showed them the man on my back sleeping so comfortably. How I wish to drop him in the middle of this journey.

"This bard.." One said.

"Ah, Venti. I see so you are a friend of his." The other interrupted. I ignored the comment.

"I would like to drop him off his place since he has fallen asleep in the middle of drinking." I stated, it wasn't entirely a lie but still. I don't want to explain and dragged this conversation any longer.

"How kind of you. Alright, you may enter."

I walked in the tall stone gate and was welcomed with tall houses and a series of stairs.

'Well isn't your home town confusing. Where even is your house.' I sighed for the nnth time at the thought. 'I don't even have a clue where you live.' As if on cue someone came up to me.

"Hello, may I know your name?" Ask the tall dirty blonded woman, she wore a big hat in which could cover her face and a purple clothing. Mondstadtian fashion is very far from Liyuen fashion and I could clearly see that. She looked at the boy on my back and her facial expression turned from shocked then amused. "Who might you be to have Mondstadt's most beloved bard?" She examines me from head to toe. "A Liyuen perhaps?"

I simply just nodded then went straight to the point, I cannot waste my time here for much longer. "I would like to know where this mortal lives, he drank with an.. Acquaintance of mine back in Liyue."

"Mortal?" She raised and eyebrow, I sighed. I've been sighing a lot after associating with these humans, maybe it's a sign that I should stop. Though I doubt that would happen when I got associated with Hu Tao of all the mortals in Liyue.

"May I know where this man lives?" I sent the woman a glare, indicating that I am losing my patience. She giggled in which made me rather unhappy of but I not even surprised. The man on my back would do exactly the same, perhaps it's a Mondstadtian way or something..

"Oh cutie, I would love to help. But I too do not know where our infamous bard lives." She said bringing a finger to her cheek and closing her eyes as if saying she was thinking. I looked at her in disbelief. How am I suppose to get this guy home, maybe I should just leave him in the streets. And that nickname she gave only just made me want to leave even more.

'Yeah, that's not a bad idea I could go with that.'

I crouched down and was about to lay him on the rough and cold ground until the woman began to speak again. "What are you doing?" Questioning me from what I was about to do

"Leaving him on the streets." I deadpanned.

"You're really gonna do that to your boyfriend?" She said which only cause me to look up at her, Venti still clinging onto me at some aspects. "Did I hit the nails right there?" She grinned. I am holding back so badly to not slaughter this mortal being.

"No. In fact, that was far from the truth. I am simply an acquaintance and I honestly wished not to be acquainted with him." I emphasized the word 'not' to get her to understand. She simply shook her head, smiling.