Chapter 19

Nervous

***

"Alright," Hyunjin said, "I don't want to see you around Minho ever again, Jeongin. Do you hear me?" Jeongin sniffled, and softly nodded, feeling his heart break. "Did you hear me?" Hyunjin asked again, raising his voice. Jeongin let out a whimper as he flinched, and started sobbing.

"Yes, hyung," he finally said through choked sobs.

Hyunjin walked away, leaving Jeongin alone with Felix, in the middle of the party. Felix turned to Jeongin, worry painted all over his face, and put his hands on the younger's shoulders.

"Jeongin?" He said softly. But the boy kept sobbing, pulling on his fingers, his head hanging low, his shoulders shuddering, tears streaming down his red cheeks. Felix wrapped his arms around the crying and shivering boy and pulled him into a hug. Leaning into the embrace, Jeongin gripped Felix's shirt, and sobbed against his shoulder, resting his head in the crook of Felix's neck.

"I- I thought- I thought it was the right thing- to do..." Jeongin stuttered between sobs.

"You did the right thing, Innie," Felix said softly, rubbing Jeongin's back, and stroking his hair. "You have nothing to be sorry for, or feel bad about. This is not your fault, okay? You were brave, and you were a good friend."

Jeongin felt reassured, safe in Felix's embrace, having no idea how victorious the other was, and not being aware of his smirk, as the younger was still hiding his head in Felix's neck. Had he been a good friend, really? Minho didn't hate him, did he? No, he couldn't hate Jeongin... When they saw each other earlier, Minho was smiling at Jeongin, and was being so kind... His usual self really. But Hyunjin had told him to stay away... Jeongin felt heartbroken. Minho was like the older brother he never had, it was something utterly unthinkable for him. Was Hyunjin really serious? Maybe he had said that in a moment of fear, self loathing and anger... Maybe he didn't mean it. Right, he probably didn't mean it. Plus, Minho would ask questions, and he would definitely break up with Hyunjin if he knew what his boyfriend had said to Jeongin.

"Come on," Felix said. "Let's get you something to drink, okay? I don't want this party to be ruined because of that blonde asshole."

"Don't call him that, hyung" Jeongin protested softly, wiping his tears. "Hyunjin hyung meant to protect Minho hyung, he was scared and sorry. I don't blame him."

"You're too kind for your own good," Felix sighed. "Come on."

And maybe Jeongin was. Maybe this was the reason he trusted Felix so easily, and let himself be guided towards the table to get a drink. Maybe this was the reason why he let Felix drag him anywhere the older wanted, without protesting, without saying a word. And maybe it was the reason why everything crumbled to the ground...

After that party, Jeongin was determined to contact Minho, at least talk to him the next day when they'd be at the university. But when he arrived, he was joined by a smiling Felix who hugged him, and took a hold of his hand.

"Hey, Jeongin," the freckled boy smiled. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, I'm waiting for Minho hyung," Jeongin replied. Felix frowned, not happy about that answer, but his face quickly relaxed into a soft smile.