I

-

the other best friend

-

fifteen is the worst age.

you would know since the first time you had to face your best friend's other best friend (whom you've been hopelessly crushing on for the past two years now) is at that very age: fifteen. in ninth grade. you were the new girl.

and the other best friend was crazy cute.

the best friend in question: yoo jeongyeon. she's been your best friend since you were both six so you've known her forever.

jeongyeon's other best friend: hirai momo.

if you were to take a little trip down the memory lane, the last time you and jeongyeon saw each other was in sixth grade. that was the year before her mom decided to transfer her to another school. it sucks. (you swear you had beef with mrs. yoo for at least a month because of that.) so that leaves you and jeongyeon communicating through nothing but facetime.

again, it sucks. facetime is very complicated. it was impossible to punch jeongyeon in the face whenever she's being too annoying for your liking.

also, you miss her too much.

you never told her, but you guessed she'd saw through you anyways, because the first night you ever talked between laptop screens after jeongyeon's family moved houses, she said goodnight to you like this:

"later nabongs. i miss you already too."

that was kinda sweet, so you were nice to her for the whole week.

well, not after her second week in her new school, when your phone vibrated inside your pocket and you saw that jeongyeon sent you a selfie of her with her new friend.

jeongyeon: *sent a photo.

nayeon: ??

jeongyeon: my new friend, park jihyo. she's real nice.
jeongyeon: told her about you and she wants to meet u

nayeon: cool.

jeongyeon: lol. u jealous?
jeaongyeon: don't worry nabongie i still like u the best

you rolled your eyes before shoving your phone inside your pocket. and then, you remembered how jeongyeon can be a little too pushy sometimes, because your phone didn't stop from vibrating every now and then until after homeroom period was over.

-