Chapter 3: New Powers

time skip

I was in the car with my mom. It had been one week since the accident. One week since I got my powers. I had just been cleared to leave the hospital. So mom and I were driving back home. The ride back was tense like you could cut it with a knife. I asked, "are you ok, mom?". I just heard a sigh in response. I decided that I shouldn't ask any more questions for the time being. Though I think once again about my powers.  What should I do with them? I can do so many things! I could make a quick buck, become a hero or just become famous! Or... what if I used it for, a more personal. What if I used them to find my father's killer. I think I should tell Trevor about this, I ask mom "do you know what happened to Trevor?". She sighed and said 'Vulpe, in the explosion h-he died". I look away and start to silently cry. He was my friend. One of the only people I trusted. I think about my powers again. Maybe I could be a figure. Stop crimes, make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. I then slump down in my seat, for the rest of the ride home.

When I got home I walked inside and went straight towards my room. I walked to my old desk and grab my notebook. I then grab my number 2 pencil and begin sketching my suit. Since I won't go out in some timbs and sweatpants. I then search up some fabric shops and see that fabric is cheap right now. So I look back at my drawing and grab my colour pencils. I try multiple colour combinations. Though I don't like most of them. I see try one which is red and black and think it's pretty good. But then I try red and blue. They contrast amazingly so I look back at my PC and order the fabric. Though I realize that to fit the spider persona I would have to have webs in some way. So I walk out of my room and walk towards my dad's old office. I then slowly open the door. Paper fills the desk with his old leather chair wide open like someone just left it and hasn't returned. I scrounge around and eventually find some peppers on artificial spider proteins. I see an equation, but there was a problem with it. I rewrite it and think that I might be able to use this. So I grab the papers and walk to the garage. Where I pull out an old laptop and some materials I would need to make Web-Shooters.

Inside the garage, I was experimenting with different combinations and designs. I eventually get the web fluid down, though I still had to design a holder for it. It was time-consuming. I went through many designs. Some had an mp3 player built-in. Some had a taser function built into it! But I decided on size over functions. It was a small octagon in shape. But it was stretched lengthwise. It had an LCD screen that displayed how much web fluid was left in a percent. It also showed what options I could do with my webs, an example would be rapid fire. Where it would send one web out of each opening like a Gatling gun. It also had six programmable buttons so that I could easily change the web setting. 

I slap on the web-shooters and test them out

I slap on the web-shooters and test them out. I send a web towards the ceiling and I pull hard. It caused me to move up in the air so I sent another web and swing for a second. I then let go and landed on my feet. "So cool" I muttered. I then grabbed the electronics and walked back to my room. I then sat down and thought about the final thing I needed to become a vigilante. A name. Hmmm, I thought to myself. the furry spider? na. Too generic. I need a name that can inspire hope in others, something that can be only a sign of good and not evil. Then I was interrupted by my mom coming in and saying "Hey, a friend of yours is here to talk to you". She then turned and left the room revealing Vivid. He seemed different, he had robotic parts covering some parts of his body. I ask filled with confusion "wh-what happened to you?". He replied, "in the blast, I survived but... barely, I used the remainder of my force to put on the cybernetic upgrades they had in a container". I was in shock and asked, "can you remove them?". He looked down and sat on my bed "I-I can't, they are fused to my body, any attempt to remove them would kill me, but they did end up saving my life". We sat in silence for a moment. Then he asked, "do you know where Trevor is? I haven't heard from him all week". I sigh and look down "He-he died in the explosion". I hear Vivid sigh and say "I'm sorry for your loss". I reply confused "wasn't he also your friend?". "kind of, it's ... complicated" he then looked down and said, "all of the animals escaped, from the lab". "I turn around in shock "what?". "all the animals and that weird goop escaped the lab". "huh, that's not good, also what was that goop?", "to be honest I have no idea, it had a name though". "What was it?" I asked with eagerness in my voice, "It was called Malice, apparently all the other info was on a server off property". "darn, I guess well never know then... unless". "Unless what?" he said confused. "my dad did have a server here for work and stuff". "the data is probably on that," he said. He then said, "look at the time I've got to go, talk to you later Vulpe". I ask him "do you have my number?" he replied, "... no I dont, can I have it?". I reply happily "sure" I scribble it out on a piece of unused paper and hand it to him. He then said "thanks! see you at school". He then runs out the door. I then grab my web-shooters and begin testing them. Mainly seeing how much weight they can support. 

After a while, I conclude that I could probably swing using them, which would come in handy. I decided that I should work on my fighting skills before I go out. I also remember that I have to make a costume. I search up a couple of fighting videos and start training.

Time skip
1 week

It's been one week since I made my web-shooters. All around things have been going well. I just have to make my costume. I was thinking then I heard my mom call and ask "did you buy something?". I reply "yes! I'll get it in a minute". I place my web-shooters on the desk and I run out of my room to the door. I see a big box, I pick it up and carry it to my room. Where I open it and see my fabrics. I place them on my desk and search up a couple of cosplay tutorials. They say to first measure the snout so I do that; after I did that I started to measure the body. Which eventually lead me to make the basic red suit. I look at it and think that I could make it look better. So I cut out the blue and sew it on. I look at it again and realize that it needs a couple more things. I open my PC and make a spider-esq logo. I send the model to my 3d printer and print it. After 20 minutes it's done, so I sew it onto the suit. It makes it seem much more alive In comparison. Then Finally I look at it and think that it needs... webs! So I add gray webs to the suit. I then slide it on and decide that it is time to go out. As The Amazing Spider-Fur

(art by @SymbioteFan563   )