Chapter 5: The Symbiote

I swing home and land near my window, I use my left paw to open it. Check the nearby area, no-one, perfect! I slide my window close with a light thunk. I begin to take off my suit and think about what vivid said even more.  He wasn't wrong by any means, my not right either. Mainly because the Dark Matter project was never tested. So these powers could be from anything! Like this "Night-Mare" could just control metal! And I would be none of the wiser! I slide off the left arm piece and hear my mom open the front door. She called "Vulpe? Are you here I heard what happened at the school". I crawl onto the wall trying to remove my other arm piece. I then call out "Ya! I'm safe, please don't enter I'm get-grunt-ing changed!". I slide off the final leg piece of my suit and slip off the wall. Falling onto the ground. I then slide on some clothes over the rest of my suit. I look at the other bits of my suit and web them towards me, catching them I slide them into my pockets. I then opened the door and said in a happy tone "heya, what are you doing here, shouldn't you be at work?". She lunged into me with a hug and said "I heard what happened at school, I had to check if you made it out... so I went here since I thought you would be here". I pull away from the hug, "you didn't have to!". She stepped back and asked, "Were you going to call me?". I stop myself and mutter "ok fair point". She rolls her eyes and says "I knew it". I ask her "Are you going back to work?" she says "ya... but I've got to tell you something". I look confused and ask "what is it?". She sighs and says "Apparently the person who attacked the school, was Trevor". I fake a surprised "what?", she then says "ya he was the dude who attacked that masked vigilante as well". I say curiously "who is that guy?", she asks "the vigilante is new! He first showed up last night". I ask "do you trust him?". "apparently he helped the students, so if he helped them, or to be more exact if he helped you, I would think of him as a good person". I smile and say "that's good to know". She then said, "well I've got to go, so don't get yourself killed!". I laugh and say "I won't". She then turned and walked out the door, locking it on her way out.

After she left I turned around and walked into my dad's old office. I think to myself about Trevor and realize that if he got his powers from the lab there must be a way to remove them. So I turn around and start to ruffle through my dad's old papers. I then hear my phone ring from the other room. So I decide to temporally halt my research and answer the call. "hey" I say in a happy tone and I hear the calm and delicate say "Hi Vulpe! Are you ok?" I reply "yes, yes I'm ok I got out before the floor fell out". I hear her say "well since school is going to be out for a while... do you want to go to the arcade tomorrow!". I was surprised, I asked myself did she ask me out? I hear her say "Yes Vulpe I just asked you out". I blush realizing that I said that out loud. I then say "well is 5 pm good for you?". I hear flipping of papers on the other side of the line then I hear "ya I'm good at that time, talk to you later Vulpe". "Bye Skye". I then hear the dial tone sound, I smile thinking about how much my life has changed. I turned from the nerd who gets picked on and sexually harassed to someone who stops other people from getting sexually harassed. I then turn around and walk back towards Dad's old office. I then look through the files again and I see on the peaks my interest. "SYMBIOTE, DARK MATTER EXPERIMENT". I grab it and open up the file. It says

"Matter Experiment #1

The substance which was nicknamed a "Symbiote" is the best thing that has happened to the project. The reason why is that the symbiote can directly control the dark matter and doesn't seem to be affected. Which allows us to go on to stage 2. Fur testing,  If this stage can be achieved we can do so many things! Dangerous jobs won't have to exist anymore. construction workers don't have to risk their lives making these buildings! Because with this one person could make an entire city in less than a month! So to our investors, we advise that you increase our funding to make sure this can be achieved!

Mark  Valenzuela
Head Scientist
Overdrive Labs"

I place down the paper and then I remember the goop that I saw. I think to myself that this may be the way how I can get the dark matter off of him. I then leave the room and walk to my bedroom. I grab the web-shooters from off of my desk and walk over to my bed and grab the old briefcase from the bottom of my bed. I open it revealing my red and blue suit. I slide off my shirt slide on the other bits of my suit. I then grab my phone and type in the directions to Overdrive labs. I say to myself "there is no coming back from this". I then jump out of my window and start swinging towards Overdrive labs.

I land near the rubble of the lab. It's silent, I call out "Symbiote! I need your help". I wait for a couple of seconds and don't hear a reply. I sigh and say "ya this was a stupid idea..."

Symbiote Pov
I was in the rubble waiting for a host when I heard a voice say "Symbiote I need your help!". I wait for a moment to feel how powerful he is. Then I can sense it. He is so powerful. I begin to crave it.

Vulpe Pov
I was about to leave when I hear something move. I turn around and look around. I can't see anything. I then hear a hissing noise even closer and behind me. I turn around and look. Nothing. Again. I begin to walk towards the noise and I ask "what are you?". I hear a voice say "I will soon be with you". I feel my heart rate increase. I hear another noise behind this time it was way louder. I turn around and see a pile of goop. The goop then jumps on me covering my suit. I try to rip it off but it just sticks to my hands and begins to cover me even more. Then once it covered my chest I feel... good. I feel amazing, the pleasure. I fall to my knees and then pass out.

Symbiote Pov
I've covered him. I can feel his power. It's amazing, he is way more powerful than those other subjects that I was forced to bond to. I then feel emotions. Strong emotions. Much more than with the other hosts. With them, I felt joy and anger. Now I feel guilt and betrayal. Maybe this host could be the one. The one I fully bond with. I then feel my host's body fall to the ground. I feel like I have to do something. Maybe I could fully bond with him... no, I should get his opinion on this. Though I do have to do something. So I decide to go into his memories and check out where he lives. I see many memories and one about how his father was THE scientist. The one that experimented on me. Though I also see that he was killed in the blast that freed me. Though I feel another emotion when I see the death. Sadness. Though I realize that I could help my host as I see that a friend of his who is powerful killed his dad. I can feel his anger and I crave it. I know that if I ever want my way I can show him this memory. So after a moment I take control of his body and swing back towards his home.

Time skip
next morning

Vulpe Pov
I wake up exhausted and sit up. I look down at my hands and they are black. I was surprised so I get up and walk towards the mirror in my room. I am in an all-black suit with a neon yellow Spider. The webs aren't visible anymore and my fingers aren't smooth at the tip. They gradually turn into claws. I run my claws against the palm of my other hand. It feels... good. I then look up towards my face. The eyes are large and bug-like. They have an organic cream colour. I was in shock and I open my eyes more. Though to my surprise, they open as well! I was surprised and tried to pull it off but instead, the suit slipped off of me and onto my desk. I look at myself now. My red and blue suit had changed as well. the colours were blander and the webs were less visible. I then look over at my desk and to my surprise, the liquid had a face. I walk back and ask "who and what are you?!". It simply replied "I am Eternity"