ROLES- Part 6, Warrior

Woo boy! Just got done writing my character's ceremony, and they are going to go on their first hunting patrol as a warrior! 

Woah woah. Slow down bud. New warriors are likely to be confined to camp for the first day or so to complete their vigil. The plot will still be there next chapter. 

Maybe.

Take it from me, I L O V E writing about newly made warriors, especially when they are the antagonist. It is really fun to either make them really sassy, or just flat out evil. But there is one tiny thing I'd change about warriors. Once a warrior is made, you just think to toss em out to patrols. Right?

Well, actually, these guys can be used as plot devices. Using this character to help you confront the medicine cat about a prophecy, or the leader about a certain threat on your clan can really help to boost your protag's confidence as long as the newly made warrior is just a plain warrior rather than the antagonist or villain.

Now for protagonist warriors.

You always want something interesting in your story. You just finished 5 chapters of apprentice work, so much plot filler. Woof! Finally, your character is freed from bordom. Time to return to the plot!

As I said.

Slow down bud.

Newly made warriors are more likely to stick around camp, and help with feeding the clan, while cleaning dirty beds, and even sorting out patrols with the deputy to earn experience. Right now, the clan would think of you the same way as they'd see your character as an apprentice. The only trait that would change, was maybe more responsibility, and respect. The clan wants to see your protagonist in action around camp, before they trust them to lead patrols on the brink of leaf-bare extinction.

Here's some great tips for some easily written plot fixers, to hold up two chapters before your character has finished their growth.

- Have them sort out patrols with the deputy and make them more likely to be chosen as deputy afterwards.

-Send them to the medicine den to deliver honey for sore-throats.

-Talk with your protag's possible mate while they clean out bedding.

-Speak to the elders about the older times to help tension within them.

-If your character is really sassy with some of the apprentices, have them make fun of the apprentices doing work while your character eats.

The truth of it all is,

Never let your guard down with the roles of warrior cats. Each role is the exact same difficulty to write, yet it just gets more complicated as they climb the ranks.