Run (Hana)

I hate that the bastards could easily track on us. How could they do that? I was thankful they didn't hunt us down with the German shepherd. I swore we could be get caught easily if they did that. Okay, I might be watching too many films. Most of the time only policemen would do that.

Also, I was thankful for Mira with me. She made sense that the direction we should go instead of running around blindly. As for the information from Mira, north would be the direction for us to the city which was the hope for us to escape. However, while we had to hide from the bad guys, we had to head to the East. For my acknowledgment to know east and west probably would be the side of sunrise and sunset, at least I could tell which would be north and south.

Okay, thank goodness that we still could survive without compass!

Unfortunately, the bad guys intruded on our peaceful breaktime again after we hide and ran further away from them. We were wary of their presence, and we were already worn out after our long run, but we always keep in mind to escape and stay alive from them. We finally had to swim to safety.

While we were swimming in the river for escaping, I could hear them keep running from our back and they never gave up. I was shocked when I heard a gunshot, but they didn't take another shot, and I was slightly relieved in that. I was surprised they didn't run after us after that. I thought we were further away from them until I climbed up to the bank of the river I freak out when I saw a giant crocodile was swimming toward Mira.

I hate myself was helpless for doing anything. I only could yell and asked her to hurry. I felt hopeless when Mira sank beneath the water and the crocodile was missing too. I was getting frustrated I was doing nothing and letting Mira be in her danger with the giant crocodile.

I decided to jump into the river to rescue her and that was what I only could do to save her. Right before I jumped into the river, I was relieved when I found Mira swimming out of the surface of the water with a large gasp. She quickly swam in my direction as I quickly help her climb up to the bank of the river.

She was weary after the escape from the crocodile, I helped her to stand on her feet and support her to walk. I wished I could be taller than her, so I could carry her instead of helping her to walk. We finally walked somewhere without the sight of the river, and it was the sign we were already further away from the men on the other side.

When we reached a huge tree, Mira plopped and rest against it and I knelt next to her and watched over her. I could tell she had been trying hard to keep her emotion. When her eyes reached mine, the tears forming in her eyes, and she pressed her lips in a thin line started trembling. Before I could say anything, she pulled me to let my face buried into her chest with her arms around me and I felt her body was vibrating by knowing she break down.

"Thank you, Hana, thank you so much," she said with her trembled voice and sniffled.

"Don't thank me, I didn't help," I mumbled.

I felt she shook her head on top of my head and said, "No, you helped me up the bank or it would have got me!"

I pried myself away from her as she loosened her arms a little for a space for me to look at her. When I saw her bloodshot eyes with tears streaming down her face, I was a heartbreak to see her like that. She had been keeping her fear to calm us down. I was amazed she did it so far for us, she was still a brave and strong girl in my eyes.

I wanted her to feel better, I didn't want her to be afraid and worry for me. I should be strong for her too. I gently cupped her face to wipe off her tears with my thumbs. She broke a small smile at me with her tears still shed from her eyes. I gently pressed the back of her head for her to rest on my shoulder.