Chapter One: 'Midnight'

I looked down at the crumpled piece of paper in my hands it had been threw at me from across the other side of the room, this cruise had been more unexpected than I thought it would have been. I thought that nothing would happen, it didn't for most of the part but on the last night of the cruise, something happens. I guess fate would be like this as I expected everything to go wrong, so the only thing that was remotely exiting on this trip happens on the last day so nothing could come of it. I thank them for that, not like I actually wanted to have the slightest amount of fun during this family holiday. It wasn't like I even enjoyed any second of the trip.

"Isla" my older brother called as I started to straighten out the paper to read, I grumbled before hiding it. No way was Liam going to ruin the only exiting thing that happened during this trip, I wanted some sort of jealousy from my friends.

"Mom and Dad are looking for you" he added, I don't see why. They told me to come here and fulfil the money that they had spent on their luxuries that was added to our holiday, so I was, I would have preferred to stay in the hotel room or the bar for that matter. But I was four years too young to be there legally.

"Was there a reason for them wanting me?" I asked, I didn't really want to leave here at the moment. I wanted to read the note.

"Yes, so go. They're in the bar" he explained, I slouched before making my way through the double glass doors and heading for the bar area. Before I got there I stopped and unravelled the piece of paper. It was some scribbled writing on the paper, I kind of expected that.

'Midnight. Top deck' was all that was written. It was a little confusing, but it was a whole lot more exiting. I was going whether my family knew or not. Or whether they liked it or not, this was the only exiting thing that happened during this holiday and I was determined to make it good.

It was getting later and closer to midnight, but I had to go and see my parents because if I didn't, they would send out a search party and that wouldn't be good if I was sneaking around also if they had to dock the ship and look for me. That would just be embarrassing.

I folded the crumpled piece of paper and placed it in my back pocket before heading to the bar to meet my parents, I knew that they would be slightly drunk and that I would be told to go to bed but I'm sure that they knew I wasn't going to go to bed even if I went back to the suite.

Stepping into the bar, I turned my body to look for my parents; when I found them, they had a bottle of champagne on the table like they had been celebrating something. I walked closer and sat down next to them, my eyes lingered on the two bottles in front of me that were placed on the table. One was empty and hadn't been collected from the waiters and the second was half empty, it seemed that my parents had something major to celebrate and that they would be getting a third bottle to devour. They would have a hell of a hangover in the morning. I knew that today was their anniversary today, but that's not exactly worth two or more bottles of champagne. "Isla you got here" my mother slurred, she seemed happy about things. "Your father and I, have some news about things".

Okay, well there's defiantly something to celebrate, and I was intrigued to see what it was. But every second that they wasted on the intoxication and taking more sips of the drink, was vital minutes until it got to midnight, and I had to be there also.

"Well if you could hurry up with telling me the good news, I would be grateful as I'm tired and should be heading back to the suite to get a good nights sleep as we're leaving tomorrow" I reminded them. They mumbled on about how our lives would be changed and that this wasn't going to be our last cruise. I'm guessing that either one of my parents had got a pay out, or someone had passed away and left a substantial amount of money to us. My mother owned her own company, so it wasn't like she had got a raise, or a promotion, so it was one of my other idea's or if it wasn't, then I had no idea.