Chapter Four: My Contacts

When I got home, I knew I could relax after such a hectic but rewarding day. I knew that my parents would ask about my first day back at school and I knew that I wouldn't be able to actually tell them what happened seen as they would kill me for risking my future, for maybe ruining my future education and risking all my places in college.

I made my way upstairs and too my room, I would have to message Allie or Iris about today's work and homework because I would have to make up for today somehow and I would need to catch up so my parents wouldn't find out about today's little adventures with Tyler in the mall.

I put my phone on my bed next to my laptop before taking off my shoes and getting into more comfortable clothing, which consisted of my tank top and shorts.

I grabbed my phone off my bed and made my way out of my room scrolling through my recent messages. Allie had messaged me what happened in English Lit and Iris had messaged me what happened in Gym. I loved Gym, but I'm happy that I missed it today. I'm so glad that I skipped to spend the day with Tyler though.

I messaged them about class and what happened in each of them hoping that I would get either a message or an email explaining what I had to do in the assignment or what I had to do to complete the homework.

I really should sign up for some sort of extra credit.

I put my phone in my shorts pocket before heading into the family room to watch some TV, I don't get why I had to call it a family room, we never spent any time as a family in this room, the maximum amount of people that was in here at a time was two. Mostly only me and my brother. Every once in a while it had Liam's friends or my friends sitting around and watching movies. But that doesn't really count as family. Well they counted as family to me, but I'm sure the rules don't apply the same way as family did.

The short amount of time between me coming home and my parents usually coming home was normally hours, but after only one hour my mother waltz through the door, smiling.

She had been smiling a lot more since the cruise, and I was so happy about that. Mom had been so stressed before the cruise and I was scared her and dads marriage would pay for it. But luckily it didn't. That cruise, I have so much to thank it for.

"Isla will you call your Aunt Jenna and ask about her visiting in the next few weeks?" My mom asked as she took off her heals and came and sat down next to me on the sofa.

I nodded, only because I was happy that she was finally going to relax. Plus, I loved to see my Aunt Jenna and her kids. Konan and Mary were the sweetest little kids you could imagine.

I got out my phone to see no messages from either of my friends... I shrugged and looked through my contact messages for my Aunt Jenna.

"Sinead, Sarah, Shailene, Tyler, Tom" Wait... Tyler?

I checked my phone over ten times, it was defiantly there. Tyler's name and number was stored in my phone, which was sitting in the palm of my hand. The one person's number I had hoped would be in my phone since the cruise and it was actually there. I looked up and back down to my phone. Nearly on the edge of screaming, I smiled so widely. "Found Aunt Jenna's contact yet?"

Aunt Jenna. I scrolled through a few more names before getting to her contact. "Do you mind if I text her instead?" I asked my Mom as I selected her name.

"Text away honey" She smiled as I started to type.

'Hey Aunt Jenna, Isla here. Mom asked about you visiting in the next few weeks, I'm guessing whether you are coming and if you are which dates. :)' I added a smiley for good measure.