Chapter Two: Intoxicated

Later that morning, we were stepping off the cruise ship with our luggage following behind us, my parents didn't look in the slightest healthy or happy after the little episode in the bar earlier. I'm betting that their heads hurt just as much as mine did most weekends, the sunglasses that covered up their eyes was hiding the fact that they were both beyond tired, honestly the sun was bright today, and yes it would burn their eyes more than I would normally would after a night like theirs.

They would need hours of sleep and tonnes of water to get over this hang over. Today was the best day of the cruise. First meeting Tyler on the top deck after midnight, and seeing my parents hung over but also the fact that It was nice and warm, a slight breeze chilled us as we stepped onto the harbour, I hadn't seen Tyler since he walked me back to my suite last night and walked away after no interaction. Honestly I felt abandoned, did he do this often on his cruises? Did he always throw notes at girls on the last night of the trip to spend a nice night with them and then just leave them hanging? Was it a bet, a tradition? Was I one of many conquests?

I slouched as a sudden realisation hit me, I was just some sort of fling, something that happened on every cruise he went on, he did say that he went on many cruises with his friends, and they all had traditions on the last night. Whether Tyler's was normally getting a girl into bed, I won't ever know, but if it was. He didn't get his tradition with me. I looked around one last time for a sign of Tyler. All I wanted was a second where I got to see him again, or even a note being thrown at me. I laughed at my own thoughts before a cab pulled up in front of us.

I knew that once we got into that cab, we was going straight to the Airport to get home for my parents who had to get to work, I wouldn't see Tyler King again and I wouldn't ever know my answer to the question that would undoubtedly be running through my mind for a while.

My Dad placed my suitcases in the trunk as well as the others and we sat down in the cab before looking out the windows and taking one last look around for Tyler. I know that Liam was looking for the girl that he had spent time with, and I wondered if he had done any better than me, did he get her number? Does he know where she lives? I knew that she was British and I knew that she was posh, so it slightly narrowed his search down. I was guessing a richer part of London.

"Did you get his number?" Liam asked as he looked down at his phone. No. I didn't. I shook my head, he could see the disappointment in my eyes but I tried to play it off. "His address?"

I shook my head, as much as I knew he lived in New York at the moment, I didn't know where he was moving to, I didn't know which house in New York to look of in case the new owners would know. He was a mystery and I'm guessing that's what he wanted. That's what his eyes told me when I first met him. Mysterious. He was very mysterious.

Obviously I wouldn't see Tyler in the near future, maybe one day fate would take us to the same place and we would meet again, or maybe we wouldn't...but either way. It was an experience I wouldn't forget.

We passed the beautiful sights, stone brick buildings, half painted in different colours, it was beautiful, I would have to come back here and spend time here. I want to look around this beautiful city. I have to. Passing more and more buildings, I started to see fewer parts of the sea and more of an inland exterior. Bigger city buildings and more lights surrounded us. It was around midday and it was hot and sunny but they were using all the lights during the day. I thought it was a waste, but it wasn't my problem.