C h a p t e r 5

𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚒;

"Well Challan, you're too pretty to be messing with my brother. He likes the white bitch monkeys."

She knows she lying. Even though most of the girls I be with are white doesn't mean she gotta diss them like that.

Challan started laughing. Oh so they got jokes? I sent her a glare. She just smiled. She's not intimidated by me? Her smile could light up the whole room.

"You staying the night?" Asked Des.

"I think so?" Asked Challan.

She looked at me and I gestured for her to go upstairs with Des. I gotta go do some digging. Find out who she is before I make any sudden moves.

I'm not gonna ask what her last name is 'cause she's gonna think I'm a weirdo. I went into my office and started doing a background check on her.

So many Challan's popped up.

Challan Pierce, Challan Green, Challan Frost. But none of them were my Challan. They don't look like her. Most were white anyway.

After hours of searching I finally found her. Challan Jones. 23 years old, lives in an apartment close to queens and parents are off the radar.

Birthday: March 14th, 1999. A bunch of medical reports. These all look like cases of domestic abuse.

There's one about a broken arm, sprained wrist, sprained neck, dislocated jaw. What the fuck?

No siblings, aunts, uncles, friends. Nothing. All a dead end.

"Challan Jones..." I said spinning around in my chair.

That's when Des walked in.

"Kiari what are you going on about?"

I swear Desirée thinks she's my mom, even though I'm the older sibling.

"Nothing." I said side-eying her.

"Well your little girlfriend's sleeping."

I got up to check on her. Des followed me up stairs. I know she's fine but I just wanna make sure.

"Bruh she's not my girlfriend. I don't even know her like that."

I regretted saying that immediately.

"What?"

Man I know I'm dead wrong for that. Now she won't shut up about it.

"I thinks she's one of Prince's victims. She hasn't said anything yet." I said.

"Kiari you don't know her and you brought her here? Daddy's gonna kill you."

She's starting to get real loud knowing damn well Challan can probably hear us. I don't want her to wake up 'cause I know her curious ass is gonna have questions.

Very much Curious George.

"Des I wasn't gonna leave her alone. Look at her face, you think she did that by herself?"