C h a p t e r 8

"He started dealing for them at the end of July so it's been 3 months. I'm sorry if he's done something to you but can I ask who Prince is?"

He thinks for a while and I can sense him getting upset.

"Prince is my no.1 opp. I run the Venus Fleuronts and he runs the King serpents. Bad blood, we don't mix."

I go quiet. That's why his name sounded so damn familiar. Kiari, KC, the most feared gang leader in New York City. I have got to get myself out of this situation.

That means Des is DC and their dad is SC. Oh my god. He's basically an assassin with all the people I've heard he killed.

I could be next if I get on their bad side. Nope. I'm not getting myself mixed up in gang business again. If they got bad blood I don't want to be apart of it.

Before, Isaiah used to be his own dealer but now he's dealing for others. I don't know. I've seen what they do to innocent people. I can't get caught in the middle.

These people kill for unnecessary things. I hate to admit it but Des and K have been really good to me. There's no way they're keeping me hostage.

"Alright then. Well I guess I'll be on my way, thank you for everything."

I grabbed the snacks on the chair and made my way out of the room. K follows behind me. As we step outside, I see Des in front of the door.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yup, I'm fine. I was just going to get my stuff."

She looks at me up and down with a puzzled look.

"Girl you look like hell if I'm being honest. Plus, Dr. Reyes wants us to keep an eye on you. Stay another night just so we could make sure you're okay." She said.

She's really is a sweetheart.

K kept his eyes on me. I don't know if he wanted me to stay or whatever the case was. His expression was blank. But I'll be out of here first thing tomorrow morning.

"Alright, thank you."

I went upstairs and ate some snacks, then shortly fell asleep.

The next morning ~

I don't know how long I've been out but that sleep was mad good. I got all the knots out in my back and everything. That bed works wonders.

I didn't feel dizzy or as tired as I was before. I actually felt pretty good. Ready to tackle the day. I finally power on my phone after two days and there's so many texts and missed calls from Isaiah.

They were all pretty threatening texts but I won't be responding. I clear the chat and block his number. I decide to go take a shower before I left.

Their showers are so nice oh my gosh. And it's spotless by the way. I heat up the shower and strip.

Looking at my bruises in the mirror, I feel like crying and screaming. They really are bad and I can't believe I keep letting Isaiah do this to me over and over again. That was the last time.

After I take a shower I get dressed in a hoodie and some jeans I packed.

I got all my stuff together and then tried to fix up the room as good as I found it. I make my way downstairs quietly.

When I get downstairs, Des is sitting at the dining table.

"Morning sleeping beauty." She says.

"Morning." I greeted her.

She's finishing up a bowl of cereal.

"You need a ride anywhere? If you're about to head out, I don't want you going alone." She said.

My heart.

"Um I don't know? Where's the closet hotel?" I asked.

"Come on, I'll drop you off."

She grabbed her keys and we both left. Part of me wanted to see K one last time so I could thank him again but it's fine. Des can pass on the message.

After a little bit of driving, Des pulled up to this decent looking place. It was quiet and there weren't many houses around.

"I wrote down my number in case you need anything. A place to stay, protection, a friend."

"Thank you."

She smiled, handed me the piece of paper then drove off.

This hotel is so cozy. When I walked in there was only a couple people inside. There was also this young women at the receptionist desk.

"Hey love, room for one?" She asked me.

"Yeah, thanks."

"How long are you staying?" She asked.

Well shit I don't know I was thinking forever. I have gotta find a place to stay and stop depending on people.

"Um, five days?" I said but it sounded more like a question.

Maybe at the end of the five days I'll have to find another hotel.

She looked a little skeptical.

"Alright that will be $500. $100 for every night you spend here."

Probably got Beyoncé sleeping here and shit.

"You could pay upfront now or after every night you sleep, you could pay only for the night. But, I booked you for five nights. $20 cancellation fee." She added.

Absolutely ridiculous. Des could've found any other place.

I handed her my credit card for the first night because at this point I might just leave. She asked the billing name and I gave her my first name only.

She gave me the room key with the number 12 on it. I walked upstairs and shortly found my room.