C h a p t e r 1 4

𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚒;

I only slept for a couple hours. Four at the most. I was twisting and turning in my bed thinking about Challan. I just stayed up until it was time to go get her.

I had her bracelet in my hand just playing around with it. I don't know how I'm gonna explain everything to her. My family is the only family she has left.

I don't believe in that fate bullshit but how weird is it that we meet one night and she turns out to be family. Now everything is starting to unfold.

It's 7:00 am. Is that too early? I don't care, I'm gonna go get her now. I'm impatient and I can't wait any longer. She's safer here.

I grab my gun and put it in my back pocket then I start to walk towards Desirée's room. I'm praying that she doesn't cuss me out.

*knock knock*

"Kiari leave me alone!" She says.

Always so grumpy for what?

"I'm gonna go get Challan, what hotel is she at?" I asked.

"Fuck! I'm coming, give me 5 mins." She said.

I better run downstairs before she shoots me. Why am I so anxious? Shortly after I got downstairs, Des came down with a resting bitch face.

"Let's go get your girlfriend. I'm driving." She said rolling her eyes.

"She's not my girlfriend." I said following her out the door.

We took her car and she began driving away from our house. We pulled up to the hotel in about five minutes with the way she was driving.

When we got to the hotel, I told her to stay in the car while I go get Challan. She didn't agree with me but stayed in the car anyway. I told her to call Chris and see if he could meet us here in the meantime.

I went inside the hotel to look for her. There was a receptionist standing at the front desk.

"Morning, is there someone named Challan that got a room here?" I asked.

"I can't really tell you that." She said.

"She's my sister." I lied.

"You guys don't look alike." Say says trying to be smart.

I instantly roll my eyes.

"So she is here. What's her room number?" I asked.

She wasn't budging. I pull out a stack of twenties from my pocket. I don't know how much this is, but it's all I left the house with. Maybe $800 max.

"12. It's upstairs to the left."

I should've just started with the money. I walk upstairs all the way to Challan's so called room.

I began knocking. I don't hear anyone in here but the door is locked so I don't know. The door wasn't budging.

I start banging louder and louder until I finally hear the door begin to unlock. She opened up with only a blanket wrapped around her body.

Damn, she's sexy in the morning. She looks hella irritated that she was woken up out of her sleep. I would be too.

"K? What are you doing here?" She asked confusingly.

"I came to get you. I'll explain everything in the car." I said.

She smells like vanilla and Dior perfume. And also some alcohol. Was she drinking last night?

"Do you mind giving me a minute to get dressed? You could wait here or whatever." She said.

"Sure. Hurry up." I said.

She rolled her eyes and closed the door. I could hear rustling and thudding from outside the door. What is she doing in there?

About 5 minutes later she comes out fully dressed with her bags and sunglasses on.

"Ready?" I ask.

She nods.

I carry her down the stairs and Des is waiting for us at the bottom.

"Now I see why you took so long. Ki, Chris is waiting outside to explain everything." She says.

"Yeah, we're coming." I say.

Challan and I make our way to the receptionist desk.

"Since I only stayed one night and I won't be coming back, I'm just gonna pay the cancellation fee." She said.

"That won't be necessary, it's already covered." Said the receptionist.

"Okay...." Said Challan side eyeing me.

She knows something's up but I didn't say a word. I brought her over to the car where I found Chris and Des chatting up a storm. She'll never tell me but I know they have something going on.

I could see Challan was struggling to carry her bags but she didn't ask for any help so I didn't offer it.

I opened the car door for her and we both got inside.

"Hi Des." Said Challan.

"Hey love. We missed you." Said Des.

I immediately sent her a glare. Always telling my business.

"Okay well sorry to interrupt the reunion but we have work to catch up on." Said Chris.

He clears his throat.

"So Prince was spotted last night entering a bar he owns, with you Challan." He continues.

What the fuck? She was with Prince last night? Doing what, getting drunk with him?

"No I wasn't. I went for a drink with a friend." I said standing my ground.

"I thought you didn't have friends." I said.

She lied to me.

"I don't. I met this guy yesterday and he invited me out for a drink." I said.

What type of girl meets a guy on the street and goes to a bar with him?

"What's his name, Challan?" I asked.

"Jess. At least that's what he said."

Classic. I know it was Prince. He's not smart emough. He needs to retire Jess, I've heard it too many times.

"Chris, pull up a picture of him." Said Des.

Challan's face dropped.

"I- uh yeah that's Jess. Or Prince or whatever fucking name he goes by." She says.

She's storms out of the car and slams the door. I understand she's frustrated. I let her cool down for a bit before going to check on her.

"You good?" I asked.

"No. Too much is happening, I feel like I'm suffocating." I say in between breaths.

"Breathe Challan. I'll never let that fucker get that close to you ever again. Him and Isaiah got another thing coming."

"Thank you."

"Let's go, you're gonna live with us for a while." I say.

She hops off the hood of the car. I wipe her tears and pull her into tight embrace.