C h a p t e r 1 0

When I walked in I seen a queen sized bed, a small dresser, a tv, a bathroom and a little kitchen area.

Alright now I understand why the price is $100. These people thought of everything. This room is hella nice. Bougie.

I set my bags down on the bed and decide to go for a walk to clear my head. Not too far though because I don't know this area all that well.

Also, I haven't eaten anything today and I'm always hungry so I'll try to find something to eat on my walk. I grab my room key, my phone and I left.

Turns out I didn't need a cast after all but my legs are a little sore.

I started walking down the block. Making turns every now and then. There weren't many houses or anything just trees and a couple buildings.

I can tell this was more of a high class area which is why Des probably brought me here. I don't know why I keep finding myself thinking about K. I'm sure he doesn't even give me a second thought.

I feel responsible for whatever part Isaiah plays in this whole situation with Prince and all that other bullshit. Then the King Serpents and Venus Fleuronts beef. I really want no part.

We could never mix because of who he is and because of who I was associated with. But I never got to thank him for taking care of me.

He deserves a thank you. I've just dealt with so much and associating with a gang leader doesn't solve any problems.

I left like I was walking for hours when I finally started seeing some stores. There were two food places, a Caribbean food place and a fast food place.

I don't really want fast food because of how much junk I've been indulging in these last couple days. I decided on the Caribbean place.

"Good afternoon, can I have one portion of rice and peas with jerk chicken and a side of coleslaw?" I asked the lady.

There was no one else in here. Just me and her, and maybe someone else in the back. No costumers or anything.

"Would you like anything to drink, baby?" She asked.

"Just water would be fine. Thank you."

She said the price was $8.75 which wasn't bad because I got a lot of food. As I'm taking out my wallet to pay, a hand stopped me.

I hoped it was K for some reason but when I turned around it was someone completely different. I seen this guy smiling at me.

He had grills, a line up, dimples, he was lightskin and also hella tall. Maybe a little shorter than K though.

K is all types of fine but this man is something else.

"Would you let me pay for your food?" He asked.

It's giving K 2.0. I was blushing mad hard as if I'm not still technically in a relationship with a mad man.

"Thank you, but I'm okay." I said.

"Please?" He asked again.

I kinda cringed because as a man, why are you begging to pay for my food after I've declined once?

I agreed.

"Hey Maria, I'm picking up my usual. Make it 3 though." He says to the lady.

He pulled out a $50 and told the lady to keep the change. She shortly came back out with my food along with whatever else he ordered. I thanked the guy and turned around to leave but he stopped me again.

"What's your name?" He asked.

This man is so fine, Jesus take the wheel.

"Challan. What's yours?" I asked trying not to blush.

"Jess. Can I have your number?"

Jess is actually such a nice name. This better not be another K repeat. He didn't even have the guts to tell me he was the leader of the most dangerous gang in New York let alone his first name.

I need to let go of Isaiah and start living my life like I was at 18 before I met him.

"My number is 1 800 888 8888, use it." I said.

This is a bad idea. He offered to drop me off and I agreed because I didn't know how to find my way back anyway.

He drove a nice car. It was a white Ferrari with white quilted leather seats. So sexy. The steering wheel was red and the inside of the car smelled like weed and women's perfume.

I didn't question it though because he was the one making moves on me.

The drive was short and sweet. He's a funny dude since I was laughing the whole 5 minutes of the drive. Then we were outside of the hotel.

I stepped out of the car and thanked him again. He quickly drove off. Once I made my way into the hotel, I smiled at the receptionist and she gave me a funny look.

"Is that your boyfriend's car?" She asked.

Very bold.

"Nope. Just a friend." I said bluntly.

All up in my business for what. I walked up to my room. I turn on my phone and decide to add Des' number to my contacts. I could be expecting a call soon.

Isaiah's number is definitely blocked but one message caught my eye while I was scrolling through my notifications.

Unknown: Tell your little side piece he'll get what's coming to him.

Side piece?

There's only one person that would text this. Is he really this crazy to be stalking me? Who am I kidding, of course he is.

He's always so jealous. I can't even breathe around another man without him thinking I'm sleeping with them. Like where's the trust boo?

But which side piece is he referring to now? I think it may be Kiari since he told me he 'found Isaiah'. I really hope he didn't do anything stupid that could make my situation worse.