C h a p t e r 1 5

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚗;

I was so hurt and angry. I have the worst luck in history and my life sucks ass right now. K brought me to the kitchen and he made me food. Just some spaghetti.

I had like two bites until I was full. No appetite. Just anger and sadness.

"I'm full. I think I'm gonna go lay down, my head hurts." I said pushing the plate in front of me.

I lied. I just didn't wanna be in the presence of anyone when I feel like this. I'm already embarrassed as is.

These people probably think I'm an idiot and I don't even think they realize how bad the domestic abuse was. They don't understand how scared I am of this man.

"Go upstairs, I'll bring your bags up in a little bit." Said K.

I know he feels sorry for me cause his softer side is showing. Shit, I feel sorry for myself. I slowly walked upstairs and slumped down on the bed.

Sobbing again.

I didn't realize until now that I'm terrified of Isaiah. I don't know. He broke me and the life we lived completely broke me. I can't be around him ever again.

If he's already making death threats and is literally stalking me then I probably don't have much longer. I think I'm more scared of being in his possession again than him killing me. It's nothing I haven't heard before.

He's the reason my parents basically abandoned me and the reason my sister completely cut me off.

My old friends have me blocked. All because of him. He's caused me so much pain and it took me 5 years to 'successfully' leave him.

I can't go back now. I thought I loved him but it was just toxic. I don't even know when things got bad I just know it did. It felt like I couldn't breathe around him.

Not in a good way.

And now I see my worth and know that I deserve way better than Isaiah and the life we were living together. He didn't treat me they way I'm supposed to be treated.

I deserve to be happy.

I was overthinking everything and eventually fell asleep. My heart hurts. I haven't had much time to think about everything since I left. Until today. I had to let it all out. Everything just came crashing down all at once.

When I woke up I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 3:04 a.m.

My throat was dry so I decided to get some water from the kitchen. My eyes were wet and sore when I opened them. I don't think I can cry for another 2 months.

Walking down the stairs I hear whispers coming from the living room or kitchen. Voices.

I heard K for sure because he's not a very quiet person and I hear someone else. I can't quite make it out. I wasn't gonna ease drop 'cause it's not my business.

Just came for my water.

When I got downstairs I made my way into the kitchen. I don't know where anything is in here. Let's check the fridge.

It was fully stocked with everything.

As I'm reaching for a water bottle, I feel a presence behind me. I slowly turn around. It was K. Did I interrupt his conversation?

"Sorry, just came for some water." I said to K.

"You good?" He asked.

"No but I'll be fine. Excuse me." I said passing by him.

"Wait, I have some news." He says pulling me back.

His arms are so strong and his hands are so warm.

"News about what?"

"Prince and Isaiah. They are working together to try and find you but we got a hold on Isaiah." He says.

What does he mean 'got a hold'? Like they know where he is and they're looking for him or they kidnapped him and have him stashed in someone's basement?

Either would be fine.

"Got a hold?" I ask.

He sighs.

"He's laying low but we have his location. Until we hold him hostage it's not safe for you to be outside alone."

I sigh also.

"Thank you, I appreciate everything your doing for me even though I'm a complete stranger." I say walking back upstairs.

"I don't think that's the conversation we should be having right now with everything you have on your plate."

I don't respond mostly because I don't know what he means.

We literally met at a corner store a couple days ago and now I live with him. Some crazy ass shit happens in New York.

I got back to the room and drank my water. I sit on the floor scrolling on my phone. There's really nothing to do on it or in this big ass house.

As soon as I'm about to close my phone and go back to sleep, a message pops up. Jess. I mean Prince.

*New message*
Jess: You good? You down to link later today?

I know this man isn't texting me at 3 in the morning. Does he not expect me to be sleeping or does he expect me to be a hood rat?

I'm not even gonna answer. I hate being lied to, played with and led on. Absolute bullshit. And on that note I'm going to sleep. Fuck the world.